“Won't be back! ”

Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

What happened?? For a Friday night the sushi conveyor's display was very poor; only one chef preparing all orders; the availability on white wines was also very poor we asked for 3 different wines and neither available, the KWV offer also unavailable when it's been offer on the website; and to match the worst: tuna, eel or any other fish not available so it was salmon or salmon... not appealing to go back...

Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

Bad smell
No Tuna, it's frozen
No cold water
No big water
No nothing
Forget this restaurant.

Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

We went here on New Year's Day and it wasn't that busy.

They have excellent seafood. I had the Teriyaki Salmon, my wife had the seafood curry (hot), my son the kids children burger, my daughter the kids sushi and my pastor the mild seafood curry. In hindsight my wife said having the hot was actually too hot, but I still enjoyed sharing with her.

For dessert we had the strawberry cheesecake as well as the rose water cheesecake. Both were very enjoyable.

The kids had a wonderful time and the service was good despite the sous chef being off because he was ill. The prices have increased significantly since we were last there, however I think that it is worth it.

Reviewed December 22, 2016

We celebrated a big anniversary yesterday, and thought we'd go to CTFM in Greenstone again for a lovely celebratory dinner. I even booked ahead. It turned out to be quite a disappointment!
1. My husband enjoys draft beer, and was told they were out of stock on both brands. Don't they realise it is the Christmas season and they have to stock up well enough?
2. My husband loves calamari, and we went with the intention of ordering a seafood platter for 2. Well, sorry, no calamari! So we decided to skip the platter.
3. So, I ordered the curry prawns, which were not too bad. Rather hot, having ordered the mild version.
4. On such a special occasion, my husband then reverted to having a hamburger. Oh dear, it looked so dry with not much trimmings.
5. The burger was served on a wooden plank, without any paper covering or anything. I just hate those boards - they are filthy! And without a covering?? If I had known it was going to be served that way, I would have insisted on getting a plate.
6. My food was served on a plate - with a large, fat thumb print on it! Really off-putting! They have the most awful plates also!
7. I ordered chocolate volcano with icecream as dessert. It was more a chocolate cake as there was no lava running when I cut it! And when it reached me, the back side of the spoon was full of chocolate sauce which I had to wipe clean first.
8. Lastly, and very important to me, from the moment we were taken from the door to our table, I did not want to breathe as our waiter had so much body odour!! A very nice gent, but really, the restaurant should perhaps provide deodorant or anti-perspirant.
9. We left feeling that our specal evening had been ruined, and that we could have had a better evening at home. Will we be back - not on your life!

Reviewed December 14, 2016 via mobile

CTFM my all time favourite. This place makes awesome food, awesome fish varieties and great sushi. Staff is friendly and management is very visible. Everyone just makes you feel comfortable when you enter the restaurant. Reasonably priced.