“family atmostphere”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very busý so booking essential. Excellent service and some different kinds of cuisine. Tables far to close to each other for any privacy.

3  Thank RonmacSA

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I am very fussy about Italian food & Da Graziella is the best in Johannesburg for all Italian dishes with a typical homely Italian atmosphere! We all loved it & will be back!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

It was my first visit to da Graziella with a friend & we both had a good pizza & a good red wine for lunch in a friendly European bistro atmosphere with a relaxed bistro service. Certainly recommended if in the area. Next time & there will be another visit, we will try a dish from what looks like comprehensive Italian menu. We also ordered a pasta from the takeaway which was great. All in all a pretty plain restaurant but with a good vibe with good food.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I really love Da Graziella's pizza, my favorite is the bacon and feta. My mom highly recommends the cannelloni 3P. Make sure you book if you're interested in visiting here. The service is really quite bad but the food is so amazing that I'm willing to over look that, and make sure you order coffee after dinner as the pastry bow ties that come with it are delicious!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have only heard and read really good things about Da Graziella. I have even heard that it is one of very few places in Jo-burg which have the Italian Embassy's stamp of approval for authentic Italian food.
I booked a table for 6 of us that evening (as apparently this place gets very busy), but when we arrived the table wasn't ready and we had to wait 15 mins.
The place itself does not have the trendiest of decors, but has a rather homely feel.

We waited around 20 minutes for the waiter to come around and take our drinks & starters order.
All the food was pretty average, and the biggest shocker... The cream of the Spaghetti Carbonara was burned and as a result the whole pasta just tasted burned. We called over the waiter, and told his to take it away and make a new one.

A couple of minutes later, the owner and chef came out of the kitchen to do his rounds of the restaurant. He was very friendly to the table next to us, but turned to us and harshly said "Who here got the carbonara? oh you? (pointing at me)", I replied by saying that yes, it was mine, and it was burned. He then got very defensive and tried to angrily convince me that I don't know what I'm talking about, and that the burned taste was actually the smoky taste of the bacon. Now I'm sorry, I'm no idiot and can differentiate between smoky and burned. He then proceeded to storm off saying he won't cook the meat in the pasta then. When the pasta arrived for the second time, the Spaghetti was under cooked... But at least it didn't taste burned anymore.

All of us just sat there, amazed at how rude an owner could be to his customers. My pasta finally arrived (with spit it in I'm sure), and now didn't taste burned, but instead the pasta was under cooked...

We decided not to have dessert that night, and just got the bill... Which arrived 20 mins later. We then had to run around the restaurant for another 15 mins trying to chase down our waiter to pay the bill.

We definitely won't be coming back...

For a full review, check out: http://lexieats.tk/da-graziella-edenvale-review/

3  Thank AliaksandraS2014