“Best honeymoon (strart) ever”
Review of President Lodge

President Lodge
Ranked #1 of 33 Edenvale B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 23, 2010

The president lodge was the best start of our honeymoon me and my wife could ever dream of. Arriving in a warm bath of welcoming spirit we felt home at once. Our bags were brought to our room and we were amazed with what we found.

As this was the start of our honeymoon the lodge had prepared a compl. bottle of Champagne and created a wonderfull atmosphere by placing rose pettals on the bed and towards the bathtub.

Service was excellent atmosphere was great. When we are in the neighbourhood we will definately visit this lodge again.

With regards,

Evert and Wilmadria Stuurop
The Netherlands/ South Africa

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 19, 2010

My husband and I recently enjoyed a 2-night stay at President Lodge and couldn't have been more pleased with the experience. We were met directly outside the customs hall, tried and punchy from the 19-hour trip from the U.S. The driver smoothly got us loaded into his car and took us directly to the Lodge, where Elaine got us checked in and showed us to our beautiful room just off the pool. The next morning, Jannette fed us a great breakfast and checked in with us regularly throughout the day to make sure we had everything we needed. After spending two nights, and ready to continue our onward to Zambia to begin our vacation, the return trip to the airport was equally smooth and easy. The only difference was that this time we felt like we were saying goodbye to family, what with the warm sendoff we were given.

I'd also strongly recommend dinner at Villa Bianca, a nearby restaurant that Jannette recommended. (Jannette or Elaine can arrange the transportation, since it's about a 10 minute drive from the Lodge.) We had a genuinely excellent meal -- on par with top U.S. restaurants where we've eaten -- at a very fair price. My husband raved about his lamb dish (a speciality of the house), and my Kingclip (a mild South African white fish) couldn't have been tastier.

Thanks, Jannette and Elaine -- there's no question about where we'll be staying the next time we travel through JNB!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2010

My son and I stayed for a few days following a long haul from New Zealand. We were met at the airport and taken straight to the lodge. The hosts Elaine and janette were excellent. They went the extra mile for us. The rooms are spacious and spotless and nicely decorated. We stayed in the standard room which was next to the road. I think next time I will choose one of the rooms around the pool. I would highly recommend Presidents lodge to anyone travelling. There is nothing much in Edenvale but it is close enough to the airport for overnight travellers. We also did a trip to the Cheetach Sanctuary which I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2010

This is a very nice guest house close to O. R. Tambo airport run by two lovely ladies that go out of their way to make sure your stay is pleasurable. Breakfasts are fabulous and rooms are comfortable. I found the pillows a bit too hard for my liking and Edenvale doesn't have much to see and do, but I still highly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I just got back from staying at the President Lodge during the World Cup. Before I left, my flight got moved up a day earlier and everything was booked up everywhere in the city. I emailed and I promptly got a response from Elaine, who offered us a room at her house for the first night. It was a super nice thing to do and saved us a lot of trouble! The next morning, we moved over to the hotel and were well taken care. Elaine and Janette, who operate it, are like surrogate mothers. One part concierge, one part front desk, one part breakfast chef, and two parts caring. Janette hugged my friend and I went we checked out left for the airport. I felt more like we had stayed with family friends than at a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ScottInClearwater
Reviewed February 25, 2010

We stayed here twice on our trip to South Africa. The accomodation is clean and well presented. There is a pool which the kids enjoyed. Home cooked evening meals could be arranged (which did smell appetizing) altough we wanted to eat out. We were recomended a some good restaurants locally. Breakfast was good. If you want shopping there are several shopping centres in the area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank garrypa
Reviewed February 25, 2010

We stayed here for the start of our holiday and wow, what a lovely place to stay. We were made very welcome by Elaine and Janette. No task was too small in their eyes (even letting us check out at a later time). Lovely clean and spacious rooms. Breakfasts were great, and served at a time to suit you, which was good. We were so impressed by the place we made a booking to come back and stay at the end of our holiday too. Edenvale is a short distance from the guest house and set in a safe, suburban area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank GKAG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edenvale
Premier Hotel OR Tambo
The Residence Boutique Hotel
The Residence Boutique Hotel
#1 of 66 in Johannesburg
Southern Sun O.R Tambo International Hotel

Been to President Lodge? Share your experiences!