President Lodge
  • Restaurant
Ecotel Lodge(Kempton Park)
$33
Agoda.com
All reviewsclose to the airportexcellent serviceher husbandour honeymoongo the extra milehome away from homeplace to stayrecommend this guest housebusiness tripnext morningwonderful hostsair conwonderful placecomfortable roomenjoyed my stayfriendly atmosphererecommend this place
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Thank you Janette for making us feel welcome with your warm hospitality. How sad we were to leave South Africa but you softened the departure! Thank you for your restaurant recommendation and for the lovely, tailored breakfast. We loved the pool, the extra towels and the stunning pool area. Wish we could have stayed for more nights!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GeckoandToad, Owner at President Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Welcoming you and your family as some of our first guests in 2014 was such a good start to the year. We really enjoyed having you here. Thank you for taking the time to write the review. Hopefully you can stay a little longer on your next visit.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was doing a booking for an elderly relative who was en route to Zimbabwe. I made calls and sent many emails to confirm that she would be collected and well looked after. Nothing was too much trouble- emails answered promptly - calls answered even though it was a mad rush in the kitchen while making breakfast. You are super stars!! Comfy beds, great breakfast and delicious dinner. Thank you so much for looking after our Mum - I might see you in March. Thanks to the driver who got her backwards and forwards to the airport. Thank you thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
GeckoandToad, Owner at President Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

It was only a pleasure having your mom here and she was really no trouble at all! We are glad that she enjoyed her stay and we would love to meet the rest of then family! Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We cannot fault this place. It is first of all very comfortable: nice comfy beds air conditioned rooms, and spotlessly clean. Service is very friendly, caring and welcoming. It is possible to have dinner on the spot if ordered in advance and food is good and breakfast cooked to order. Convenient for not being far from the airport. Environment is kind of cosy, quiet and relaxing, centred around the pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write the review! We really enjoyed having you here and we are glad that you also enjoyed your stay! Hope to welcome you back on your next visit!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

For a 4 star B&B, one was expecting a little more...
as the saying goes...no expectations, no dissapointments...who am I to think different!! Not to mention the breakfast on the last day...looked like the left overs from the week. This definitly left a bad taste in the mouth, litteraly. One positive will be the warm and friendly service you receive from the partner that received us on our arrival.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GeckoandToad, Owner at President Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. Please accept our apologies if the breakfast was not up to your expectations. We will try to exceed your expectations next time you visit us.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My 16th time checking into President Lodge in just over two years. And the best stay yet. I've spent a total of 66 nights here during my time in South Africa. This visit, after my work was completed, my Fiancé Kelly joined me for a visit to Johannesburg. It was also my birthday during this stay. Kelly and I arrived from the airport to find a red rose and some chocolates in our room welcoming her for her first visit to Johannesburg and President Lodge. After a long first day (my birthday) with friends at the Elephant Sanctuary, we arrive back at "The Lodge" to find a homemade cupcake with a candle, a bottle of chilled wine and a wonderful happy birthday note in our room. I could go on and on. Suffice it to say the President Lodge is my home away from home when in Johannesburg. I'm treated like family be everyone from Elaine and Jannette, the owners, to the ladies who care for the facility, to Deon the night manager to Harry the driver who picks me up at the airport (unless there is a schedule issue in which case Jannette herself has picked me up several times!!). To be half way around the world, away from family and loved ones, and to be cared for and have a place that truly feels safe and comfortable is priceless. It's not just a place to stay, it's an experience, and I can't wait to visit again. Thank you to everyone at President Lodge!!!!! See you next year!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room #1! It's the best. (unless I'm there and I have it!) Although I've stayed in several of the rooms and they are all great and very consistent with one another.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the review. As always it was a pleasure having you here and we are looking forward to your next stay!