“Very good food”

Seemanns Deck and Deli
Cuisines: German
“Very good food”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Although the setting might not be the best, the food and service was great.

The portions are generous and more than enough for even the hungriest of people. They have a good variety on their menu. The kiddies menu is limited and seems a bit expensive. Rather order from the main menu and take the rest home.

Overall a very worthwhile eating experience.

3 Thank Dawie G

Bergville
“Great Value Food, Shocking Service!!!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We ate at Seemanns @ East Rand on the 15th March 2013.

The food was definitely Value for Money, great tasting and served quickly. The service though was shocking. Our waiter Moffat seemed to be in another land. The restaurant was not busy at all and he just seemed to be interested in everything else but us. When we were ordering our meal he rushed us and upon us asking for a bit of an explanation he was dumbfounded. Our food was brought to us, no cutlery on the table, we looked around to see where our waiter was but he had disappeared as fast as he had appeared. There were around 4 waiters standing just behind us at what looked like the waiter station, oblivous to the fact that we were looking around looking for someone to help us, they carried on chatting. I got up from the table and walked to another table to get cutlery for us to eat with. Still no waiter, we were about 3 quarters through our meal when we caught sight of our waiter and called him over to order another drink. We asked him if there was a problem as he seemed a bit slow and we were definitely not getting any attention from him. He rudely just said no and asked what we wanted. He brought the drink, we finished our meal and asked for our bill. This came at a speed, with that feeling that he desperately wanted to get rid of us. I had decided to not give Moffat a 10% Tip as I felt his service definitely did not deserve this, I filled in my till slip and added a 5% Tip, more just 'cause I felt sorry for Moffat. He rang my card through the hand held card machine, I entered my pin and received my slip, too which I noticed that he had not added the tip on. What a Cheek...... either he was still in too much of a rush to get somewhere else or he snubbed my 5% tip?????
If I ever eat at this Deli again it will most definitely only be Take Away....

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank NtongaManager
Benoni, South Africa
“German Deli and Deck”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Set in the Retail Park off North Rand is this German spot. A place to get a German beer, some German cuisine and also deli / butcher with some imported food.

Portion sizes are generous and the food is freshly prepared - always good even if not much innovation on the menu.

Service is efficient in a very plain retail environment. A spot for something different even if not really great for impressing guests.