All reviewsconference venuereception areaconference facilitieshourly shuttlethe grilleast rand mallclose to the airporttambo airportexcellent serviceevery hourenjoyed my stayshopping mallshuttle servicecartsgolfvenuesaccommodation
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Thank you for all your help and advice during the planning of our big day. And making our day very special . The staff was helpful and accomadating. The rooms was clean and nice. The food was very good

• Stayed: March 2013
Greg H, Manager at Birchwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear sanet du toit,

We are glad to hear that your function with us was a great one. We are naturally always happy to help and hope we will do so again the near future.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

So plus is that you can watch landings and takeofffs at JNB and there is a cool aviation themed restaurant bar and club next door. The minuses are awful service beaten up rooms and a bizarre sprawling and a confusing property. I paid in full in advance and upon arrival they tried to charge my card for double my rate without being handed a card or asking me. Thankfully I had changed card numbers after I prepaid so it failed. They were quite rude about the matter which magically went away after I asked three people over two days. Also airport shuttle runs only once an hour just FYI.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Rick I

Dear Rick H,

Thank you for your review. Your comments regarding the "rude" staff and "beaten up" rooms are quite concerning. As you will see from various other reviews, one of our key areas of priority is ensuring that our guests receive the best possible service levels and that they depart with nothing but, good and positive comments regarding any assistance received. Hearing that this was not the case is concerning to us and we would encourage to you inform further information as to how you were treated. Regarding the rooms, we would also like to hear as why you felt that they were not as per your expectations.

You are welcome to email me on gregh@birchwoodhotel.co.za.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The hotel is very conveniently located...just 15mins from OR Tambo, 5 mins from the East Rand Mall and general amenities. They even have regular free shuttle rides to the airport and the mall. this is a boon for guests considering one cannot really walk anywhere in Jo'berg and there is no other means of public transport.

My husband and i spent almost a month at this hotel whilst looking for a place of our own in Jo'berg. Nothing was too much trouble for the hotel staff...on realising that we would be staying here pretty long, they made arrangements for a self catering room and even bought us new utensils, as they believed that used ones maynot be good enough! After about 10days at the hotel they moved us into a larger room (without us having to ask/followup) and let us set up the room as we liked. they even provided a few extra cabinets that we requested, without batting an eyelid.

i would really like to compliment the duty manager Nadia and the reception manager Suren Reddy for making our LONG stay as hassle free as possible. thank you so much!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Travellernamz,

Your review is very pleasing to us and we are extremely happy to hear that the stay experienced was positive. We will certainly pass on all comments to the staff mentioned and hope that you as well as your husband join us again soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I just want to compliment Rodney Mathosa on the excellent service that I received from him. He went the extra mile for me and I want to thank him for that. He did not hesitate to accommodate me when I wanted to view the different rooms and was friendly at all times. I would not hesitate to recommend Birchwood Hotel to any of my clients just because of the service I received from Rodney.

Keep up the good work Rodney.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg H, Manager at Birchwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear MorneV_13,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our staff member, Rodney.

We are extremely happy that the level of service received exceeded your expectations and we will be addressing this with Rodney internally.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at the above on a few occasions whilst on trips to S.A. ideal for most amenities and close to the airport, approx 15mins. East Rand Mall has all you could wish for in the way of shopping.
Plenty of restaurants close by as well.

Room Tip: As far away from the reception as possible for the quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Merc220,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to hear more about your stay with us and the reasons why we ranked only 3/5 despite your comments being overall positive.

You are welcome to inform us of further of the details of your stay, by emailing gregh@birchwoodhotel.co.za.

Looking forward to hearing from you.