“Manager 101”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Telephone : 011 425 6691
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had such a let down of dinner. We went out to have a nice Prawn and fish meal. When we arrived the place was full we had no problem with the slow service. But when our food finnaly arrived the Prawns were fantastic ( but in all honesty how difficult is it to make prawns) the Hake and chips that we ordered was so oily we called the Owner/manager over to show him. His response is what this review is about. Not once did he apologise instead he made it out to be our fault for not ordering it grilled... When he left the table with the second bad plate of food. He passed his floor manager making a big scene as to how we are complaining about the food.

What ever happened to guests/costomers are always right.

I would like to Add that our Waiter Elvis was fantastic, he knew his job and not once did he pick sides whislt this whole scene was going down.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Easy dining, attentive staff including owners, quality consistent, great for quick lazy Sunday night out.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having had a previous bad experience I decided to give Ocean Basket Oakfields another chance and lunched with my father-in-law on Sunday. Food was tasty, service excellent and the hospitality of the owner excellent. I'm impressed that they have picked up their game and I will have no problem eating there again. For a tasty, no fuss fish meal, OB Oakfields delivers on the franchise promise.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have been to Oakfields Ocean Basket quite a few times - and the food quality and service is excellent without fail!
What impresses me most is how the owners go out of their way to serve and assist. My daughter was hurt by another child, and they went the extra mile to comfort her and give medical attention! Wow! You don't see that everyday! They make you feel like family when you are there!
Thanks very very much for your hard work and dedication!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great place, Andrew, Anna, and all the staff are great, best fish in Benoni.
Keep up the good work.