“Leisurely pace; LOVE the fry bread”
Review of Keams Canyon Cafe

Keams Canyon Cafe
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were waiting for the gift shop to open, so we decided to have breakfast. We are now great fans of Navajo fry bread. The blue pancakes sere also fine (taste just like regular pancakes...) They make the food to order, so try not to be in a hurry. Prices are very reasonable.

4  Thank NewPlaceFan

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Simple good food and good service. And the prices are great. A nice little break. Be sure to go into the McGees Indian Art next door.

2  Thank CactusPatch
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My wife and I were traveling between Tuba City and Holbrook, taking some time to explore the Hopi Reservation between the Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest. We were finished touring the villages and were getting hungry for lunch. The only restaurant we knew of out where we were was the Keams Canyon Cafe and so decided to give it a try. I am so glad we did.

The service was fast and friendly and the food was delicious. I had the mutton and hominy stew and my wife had a dish called Native Hot Beef. Both were served on perfectly cooked fry bread. My stew was really good. It was hearty but not overly rich, which was a good thing on a hot day. My wife's native hot beef could arguably be the best meal we have tasted the whole trip. It was a simple dish. It was beef, onions sauteed in brown grave, and a roasted green chile spread over the top. The beef was very tender and the flavors came together exceptionally well.

So, if you are out in that area and looking for something to eat, do not pass this place up. The food was amazing, the service was wonderful, and the prices were great.

7  Thank TheNJBen

Been to Keams Canyon Cafe? Share your experiences!