“Best Stay I Ever had”

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Best Stay I Ever had”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

HI
I was on a business trip to Alberton last month. So I was booked in to Lecozmo Guesthouse the one of the best guesthouse i have ever come across in south Africa. My co workers and me were expecting a 4 class service since its a 4 star guest house but to our surprise we were treat and given a service of 5 star. I must say that the owners and staff treated us as their own family member. we never felt that we were staying away from home. I recommend this guest house to all executives and i can grantee you that u will enjoy the bed they have provided in their rooms that you have a comfortable sleep and can be fresh for your next day work. And the breakfast is so good that I wish I can just book in to the guest house this Easter weekend just to taste their breakfast again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Ahamed_faizal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Alberton, South Africa
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The owner of Le Cozmo GHouse Elsa Fourie is so accommodating. She goes the extra mile.Me and my husband stayed there for 2 weeks and enjoyed every moment. The breakfast is the best I ever had in a guest house !A big bufffet. The service and the staff is just what I expected. Will always return and recommend to others. We stayed in a room with a Queen bed - a fair size not big but big enough. Very clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The beds are the best !! you can enjoy a good nights sleep. We enjoyed talking to the owners and the manager in the pub at night and sometimes just relaxed outside the patio. It is very quiet and the ideal place for business people.

Room Tip: We wanted room 3 the honeymoon suite but is is always booked and Room 1 by the pool and 7 with the k...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Free wifi are only for 30 minutes. Breakfast is very poor. Cereal is very stale. Condiments are watered down. Staff is very friendly and keeping her afloat. Rooms are not as big as they appear on her website. We suspect a wide lense camera was used.

• Stayed March 2014
Thame, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently stayed here for 1 week, on business, my customer had booked the hotel for me.
It is only a B+B, so any other meals need to be ordered in.
The whole facility is beautifully decorated and very tastefully done.
However, I was unlucky enough to have been put in room number 4, which is extremely small.
The plan pinned to the back of the door showed that although No. 4 is their smallest room, the others did not look much larger.
No door between bedroom and tiolet/shower - a bit odd.
Also, there was no smoke detector in the room (is that legal ?) - I guess because the steam from the shower goes straight into the bedroom and would set it off ??
The staff and owner are all extremely polite and very helpful.
OK for a short stay as a single traveller, as long as you're not claustrophobic !
I would have given it a higher score if it hadn't been for the tiny room.

Room Tip: Avoid room number 4 !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Makati
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks as a part of a business trip. The room I got was okay, it's not huge but it's clean and nice. It's so quiet, me and my colleagues are the only ones making all noise - we sat in the patio every night and chatted the day away.

I miss the breakfast here, it's fresh and nice, although it's the same everyday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed December 12, 2012

During my visit I stayed at the honey moon suite by myself for 14 days. Plenty of room for one person, a sofa to watch TV and nice bathroom. The fridge right next to the bed drove me nuts every night every time it made a noise. Minibar should be in the other end of the room. Also the service door in the honey moon suite is not an item I enjoyed. At 5h30-6h00 AM, when the breakfast preparations start, it's practically impossible to get some sleep. Its possible to hear everything that is going on, plates being set on the table, the oven being cleaned, people talking, etc. You can even smell what is being cooked at that time.
The other rooms that I visited there is barely place to store your clothes for a longer stay.
The staff is nice, helpful and capable. The owners seem very nice too and friendly people.
The swimming pool is very small, shallow and short you can't actually swim in it. It's still fine to refresh you from the hot weather.
Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The beds are big,but there is barely room between bed and wall to walk..Flatscreen tv,and
brandnew tile in new shower-no tub..No where to store stuff.Perfect for business,only a single.
Breakfast okay,but noisy,if you're at the suite,it's small as well.At least,it's clean and safe.

Room Tip: recommend the suite (only if you don't sleep in,it's by the restaurant)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alberton
Thaba Eco Hotel
#5 of 24 in Alberton
Greenfields Guesthouse
Greenfields Guesthouse
#1 of 24 in Alberton

Been to Le Cozmo Guesthouse? Share your experiences!