“The staff don’t care about the customers and the food sucks ”
Review of Silver Chief Spur

Silver Chief Spur
Ranked #92 of 169 Restaurants in Bloemfontein
Description: Silver Chief Spur at The Park Shopping Centre in Langenhoven Park, Bloemfontein is a family friendly restaurant that serves the best ribs, burgers & steaks. Bring along your kids for some great tasting food & dessert from our famous Spur menu!
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

This is, by a country mile, the worst Spur experience of my life.
Let’s go with starters, we ordered the starter nachos, hot, to share. The waiter brought normal nachos (cold as they had been sitting on the pass) with hot chili in a bowl quote “Incase the hot nachos were to hot for you” ARE YOU SEROIUSThey then charged us for the main course price nachos
Mains my wife had the cheese burger which was good and a salad which was also good and well prepared.
I had a rare steak which was good served with a hard baked potato (raw) and a side of veggies, cold. The baked potato was raw, the veggies were hot spinach and fridge cold pumpkin. I asked if they could change the potato and heat the veggies.
The potato never arrived at all, except on the bill, and the chef ???? put the veggies back in the microwave so the spinach was super heated and the pumpkin luke warm.
The manager came to the table and apologized .... however he did NOTHING to fix the problems.
They billed me for the potato I didn’t get and the veggies I didn’t eat.
Spur staff at the Silver Chief Spur YOU SUCK !!!!!
Don’t eat here if you want good food served by people who care about the clients

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank EricJ401
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Chief Spur, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Dear Eric,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Silver Chief Spur restaurant. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. We would appreciate the opportunity to get in touch with you and the store's management directly to discuss your review.

Please email us your contact details along with a copy of your review to customer-care@spur.co.za.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

This is the cleanest Spur I have ever visited... The staff are so friendly and welcoming.The manager, Poet, with his poetic name, led his staff by setting the example! The ambiance was welcoming and warm hearted... Our waitress, Lerato, was helpfull, friendly and "present" She took the time to converse in a caring manner. The food was right on time and well presented...
I can actually not get over the whole setup there... It was a wonderfull experience! I score them a 12 out of 10!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank cjdbchristina
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Chief Spur, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your remarkable review & rating! We're so glad you enjoyed your time with us at Silver Chief Spur.

We look forward to seeing you again, soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

We had some lunch there. Given the spree of poor publicity, one expected better. Service was average, nothing spectacular. One member of the group specifically said he did not want onion rings but it was till on the plate. The boiled potato came with nothing. He ad to ask for butter. A member requested his steak rare and it was at medium.

Date of visit: August 2017
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Chief Spur, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Dear Stephanus B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Spur Restaurant. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. We would appreciate the opportunity to get in touch with you and the store's management directly to discuss your review.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Very nice family restaurant, grate food , do fresh and testy, excellent service, big and fun playground for the kids . Excellent for functions and birthdays.

Date of visit: July 2017
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Chief Spur, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Dear Ilona888,

Thanks so much for taking the time to send us your feedback. Delivering excellent food and service is what we live for - glad you experienced just that! We hope to offer you many more good experiences with us in the future!

Spur Family

Reviewed March 7, 2017

I'm not a Spur fan. The food is usually very generic and not tasty, so I avoid them like the plague. On Sunday night I had no choice as Bloemfontein is an unknown city to me and my GPS guided me in this direction. Spur was a choice my GPS made, but for once it was a very good choice. I had a 200 gram fillet and my wife the Chicken Qasidilla. What a surprise! My fillet was medium rare as ordered and it was superb. Excellent meat well prepared and tasty. My wife enjoyed her meal. Service could be better as Salome were bantering with her colleagues at the door, and missing us as we requested another drink. Overall a good experience. If all Spurs prepared food like this, I would support them much more.

Date of visit: March 2017