Tripadvisor
Mthatha
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews value for money room service service was excellent enjoyed my stay the hotel staff breakfast and dinner home away from home keep up the good work pleasant stay business trip standard reception revamp university furniture leisure tranquil
Selected filters
Reviewed December 17, 2017

The hotel service was not according to my expectations and the is not even near to reach the standard of Garden Court. And frankly speaking I am very much disappointed and I am hoping to see change in future

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Pranesh S, General Manager at Garden Court Mthatha, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Dear Guest (408winnied)

Thank you for your review. Let me start by apologizing for the inferior service you received at Garden Court Mthatha. I do acknowledge your disappointment and hope that you will share more details with me so that I can take the appropriate action. Please feel free to call the Hotel on 0475053500 or email me directly Pranesh.sukhdeo@tsogosun.com. I would like to where we have failed you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Reviewed December 10, 2017

I was disappointed that I had to pay for my 13 year old daughter's breakfast because I was on business trip not private or leisure!! According to reception this offer is only for private not business guests..

Dear Guest (smangelet)

Thank you for your review. I do hope that the misunderstanding was resolved before you left, but just to reiterate, the business rate that you were booked on did not accommodate additional breakfast. In future please contact reservations in advance so that we can give you the best options for additional breakfasts. Please do not hesitate to contact management for further explanations.

We hope to see you again soon

Warm Regards

Reviewed December 4, 2017

Improve the bathroom to be environmental friendly to save water. The water taps and shower were broken. The Wifi did not connect but i guess we struggled the whole day to connect with our own 3G cards / iPhones. The breakfast was really excellent!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Pranesh S, General Manager at Garden Court Mthatha, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Dear guest (galli7379)

Thank you for your review. I am really sorry that your experience was not a great one. Please be assured that we are working on improving the product quality by refurbishing the entire property. This begins in February of this year and will add great value. We are certain that the new rooms will be to your satisfaction and we look forward to having you stay and review the new product.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 3, 2017

The bathroom was in very bad condition with the pipes behind the toilet filthy with blackish dust and cracks in between the bath and wall tiles. The soap holder did not match the bath it was beige whereas the bath is white and that had nothing to do with deco. The attitude of staff in the restaurant was bad.

Date of stay: November 2017

Dear guest (refiloek2017)

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as great as you would have expected. Please be advised that we are currently in the process of renewing all the rooms to a brand new spec that will also see a new bathroom as well. We are certain that the new product will be welcomed. Also, you may rest assured that the staffing issues in the restaurant will be ealth with appropriately.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2017

Room rate appears to be about 50% more than a comparable room elsewhere?
Low cap on internet which did not perform well, even considering the time of month.
Apart from the expense the experience was OK.
Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was adequate, room reasonably clean and functional.

Dear Guest (alfmc2015)

Thank you for your review. we appreciate your point of view and would like to assure you that we are working on improving the quality of the product that will be certain to add tremendous value. Starting in February this year all rooms and public areas will be refurbished to a brand new spec that is sure to make Garden Court Mthatha one of the better offerings in the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back when the refurb is complete.