“LEAP OF FAITH”

Face Adrenalin - Bloukrans Bungy
More attraction details
Owner description: Bloukrans Bungy is the highest commercially operated Bungy Jump from a bridge, in the world. You walk along a specially designed catwalk (216m long), which is suspended beneath the road surface, which will then lead you to the top of the arch - 216 meters above the Bloukrans River. Here you will be given final instructions, a countdown and off you go! Bloukrans utilizes pendulum bungy technology ensuring you the smoothest, most comfortable bungy jump possible.
Johannesburg
“LEAP OF FAITH”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I both jumped, we absolutely loved the experience. We are not adrenaline junkies and I had a fear of heights, the team made it comfortable and enjoyable for the both of us. Its an absolute must.

Mphilisi N, Front Office Manager at Face Adrenalin - Bloukrans Bungy, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Once again, thank you for joining us and your review is well appreciated....see you soon.

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mind Blowing!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

A must stop for the garden route!!! We drove from Cape Town And it was well worth it. The service is professional and the experience is never to be forgotten. Stunning scenery and such a rush!!!

Visited January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Highest, but not the Best”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I am a huge fan of bungy. I've scoured the globe to find operators and go out of my way to visit them. Once I learned about this spot, I was very excited to try it. And waited years to finally get there.

Frankly, I was let down. After our jump I spoke with another experienced jumper and we both agreed that the Nevis in New Zealand was superior and seemed to have a longer free fall even though it is technically not as high.

Positives:
- Jump-masters and team on the bridge were efficient, friendly and took the time to be informative.
- Prep team were helpful with getting my GoPro camera set up.
- Live cam broadcast on TV's inside the restaurant is a nice touch, as is the restaurant itself.
- I learned that they've employed even more conservative rope limits - switching them after only 500? jumps - in response to the break that occurred in Victoria Falls. So, this gives you assurance of safety.

Negatives:
- I've always told folks that bungy is virtually painless, but, in this case, I felt pain. It hurt. My eyes and my legs. I'm not sure why they don't employ a righting-side up harness like what they have at Nevis. This would certainly alleviate the pain of hanging upside down.
- The video and photos really are sub-par but with the not insignificant amount of money already invested in the jump, one kind of feels obligated to at least buy photographic evidence of the feat.

TIP: bring your own GoPro if you can, this was the best visual souvenir that I had.

Visited November 2013
Braden T, General Manager at Face Adrenalin - Bloukrans Bungy, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hi Worldtraveler, thanks for your comments, and thank you indeed for joining us for a jump at Bloukrans Bungy. For the record , Bloukrans as you know is 216 metres high, and of that height, the average jumper goes down 160 - 170 metres, so compared with Nevis' overall height is 134m, one can easily work out the difference in stretch is considerable.

We do employ a different system of recovery at Bloukrans, a more personal touch of sending down an operator on a winch line to retrieve you back to the bridge in an upright position. We have considered a similar "ankle release" system to Nevis, buy our reservations are that A) often jumpers are unable to disengage the ankles leaving them upside down for the entire jump process all the way back to the jump platform, and B) quite simply we would be putting a portion of our staff out of employment ( in such a allready employment-starved region )

We actually replace our cords after 400 jumps ( The NZ/AUS code recommends 500 ), and have been doing so since conception of Bloukrans Bungy in 1998 , and so was not influenced by any other companies failings,but more so, see ourselves as among world leaders in the industry, continuously seeking improvements and/or innovation to the sport . NB The jump crew at Bloukrans sell cord segments in their own capacity, as an added bonus to the staff, so this also lends weight and urgency to the timely retirement of the cords

WE do concede our images/video do need further development to improve with regards to quality. We are continuously researching the best solutions, and welcome suggestions. Bare in mind we are endeavouring to keep as many guys and girls from the local communities employed, so whilst the use of personal cameras is often requested by clients, seldom is thought given to this,let alone the rules and regulations on the bridge.

Whilst I realize this cannot change your experience with us, I hope this puts some explanation to your concerns, and indeed lets you know we intend addressing any issues addressed.

Best bungy regards,

Braden Tuohey
Bloukrans Bungy
Washington DC, District of Columbia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Extreme! Fun!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

They show you and tell you about all the safety precautions before and during the jump. It was so exciting and thrilling. They take a group out and do one after another. I was the last of a group of 6 or 8 people... so if you really want to/need to go first so you don't get too freaked out waiting, talk to them before you go out on the bridge.
They do a great job of pumping you up though and blast club music once you get out to the jump spot.
They also offer a small zipline for an extra fee. Videos of yourself cost extra.

Visited January 2013

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An experience of a lifetime!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

A must do in South Africa! The view is stunning, which makes the whole experience even better. everything is really well organized, the staff is really funny and helpful! And it is not as scary as it seems to be... :)

Visited April 2013