“Whoa, Nellie!”

Face Adrenalin - Bloukrans Bungy
More attraction details
Owner description: Bloukrans Bungy is the highest commercially operated Bungy Jump from a bridge, in the world. You walk along a specially designed catwalk (216m long), which is suspended beneath the road surface, which will then lead you to the top of the arch - 216 meters above the Bloukrans River. Here you will be given final instructions, a countdown and off you go! Bloukrans utilizes pendulum bungy technology ensuring you the smoothest, most comfortable bungy jump possible.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Incredible experience if you're up to it. I am a bit afraid of heights, and have wanted to exorcise that demon for a long time. I'm glad I finally did it in a spectacular setting on one of the highest bungee jumps in the world. It's an event, from the 2-1/2 hour drive, signing up, waiting for the appointed time with my group of mostly jumpers and a few who went to watch, checking out the previous group from a distance, marching out there on the see-through grated walkway, and on to the platform. Once I got to the jumping area at the center of the span, I was at ease again because it's such a large chunk of solid concrete. It's well outfitted with jump gear, audio, and video, plus about 6 guys, or something like that, to run the show. I never thought I'd enjoy listening to rap, but the loud music helped take the jitters away, maybe because it overrides the sights and sounds of what I was about to do. I waited my turn, the cord and safety clips were connected, verified and documented, then on to the edge, where its time to go. Don't wait at the edge or your nerves might take over. Free fall, a few bounces, and one of the guys came down to retrieve me. All over in a few minutes, and you are, at least I was, daing pleased to have done it. A fun walk back to the top where I got my certificate, photos, and DVD. The DVD is only in PAL format, but a sign says they're working on doing NTSC. I agree with the reviewer who wants high quality pics, and I'll be glad to pay a little extra for them, but assume they could just be e-mailed. I haven't viewed the video, yet.

Definitely one of the highlights of my trip to S. Africa. Whether you jump or not, it's an impressive spot.

2  Thank Alan T

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Paid to walk along the bridge to where all the jumpers were and watched with awe and admiration. They all loved it and wanted to do it again! Mad mad mad! It was very safe and the staff were really wonderful, put everyone at ease, really friendly and jovial. It is worth paying to go and watch! There is a very nice cafe which is reasonably priced where they do amazing lemon meringue pie! There is a big screen so you can watch the jumpers while you eat!

2  Thank Corinne B
Reviewed February 13, 2013

the ultimate elastic powered adrenalin rush, and I've done this a couple of times now. Be brave, and give it a go. The only downside is that they write your weight on the back of your hand in indelible ink, and it'll be with you for at least a couple of days!

2  Thank simonannitsford
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Didn't jump but good viewing sites and friendly staff exlaining what was happening.
Good shopping in the car park

1  Thank BrownOwlUk
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I decided to jump, I was wondering if I had made a wrong decision. The staff at the site were professional and knew what they were doing and kept reassuring me of their 100% safety record. It was a long walk to get to the jump point, walking under the bridge which seemed to take forever, anyway once there, there was no loOking back . Took the leap and screamed like a girl, holding onto dear life, swearing I'd never do it again. Once back up, the safety crew tell me next time I should jump backwards. And I'm like 'yea right!' Do it for a once in a life thrill.