“Good food and professional operation”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Trattoria San Francesco - CLOSED

Trattoria San Francesco
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Good food and professional operation”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We visited in the height of season yet our service was great. Drinks were brought quickly and though we waited for the food it was good quality and we were never left unattended. For a town that experiences significant holiday peaks we were very impressed with the service and will certainly return.

South Africa
“Local is Lekker”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Amazing evening had by all, this includes my always on the go parents and young daughter. Thank you for a warm welcome and delicious food. Looking forward to our next meal.

• Visited November 2013
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic meal. Enjoyed by all. ..party of 12. Great lasagne. Friendly atmosphere and fantastic service.

“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice enough location, friendly welcome. Menu typically italian. Good selection of wines. Speciality starter, as displayed on the blackboard, was not available. Mushroom starter chosen as alternative was tasteless. Pasta seafood wrap for main was good although maybe slightly more quantity than quality. Good espresso. For the prices charged would have expected a much higher standard. Compared to all other restaurants visited from Cape Town to St Francis Bay over 16 nights this meal was the most disappointing.

Visited November 2013
TrattSF, Owner at Trattoria San Francesco, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Nadine & Aidan,
I am terribly sorry you had such a disappointing meal at Trattoria on Tuesday 19/11/2013.
Your feedback is appreciated and we will take all your comments into consideration.
We do value all our customers, especially tourists that make up a large portion of our trade.
Management on duty perhaps did not handle the situation as well as they could have. You were however not charged for the pizza bread you did not eat.
We trust you enjoyed your trip in South Africa and will return for a visit some time soon.
Yours Sincerely
Claudia Urzi
London, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing food”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I certainly know very good italian food but I have to say I was very disappointed when we ate dinner here. I had the caprese salad which consisted of loads of mozzarella, pesto and watery tomatoes but that was it. No real taste or love for italian food showed. And my pizza bread was paper thin and only tasted where the garlic was spread. The lasagne was poor too. All of these dishes are basic italian food and you would expect them to be at least good. I am usually never that critical but this was so disappointing. We paid the full price, no question why we didn't like it (I left 3/4 of my pizza bread and lasagne on the table) I assume because they know that tourists won't come again?

Visited November 2013