“Local is Lekker”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Amazing evening had by all, this includes my always on the go parents and young daughter. Thank you for a warm welcome and delicious food. Looking forward to our next meal.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic meal. Enjoyed by all. ..party of 12. Great lasagne. Friendly atmosphere and fantastic service.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Nice enough location, friendly welcome. Menu typically italian. Good selection of wines. Speciality starter, as displayed on the blackboard, was not available. Mushroom starter chosen as alternative was tasteless. Pasta seafood wrap for main was good although maybe slightly more quantity than quality. Good espresso. For the prices charged would have expected a much higher standard. Compared to all other restaurants visited from Cape Town to St Francis Bay over 16 nights this meal was the most disappointing.

TrattSF, Owner at Trattoria San Francesco, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Nadine & Aidan,
I am terribly sorry you had such a disappointing meal at Trattoria on Tuesday 19/11/2013.
Your feedback is appreciated and we will take all your comments into consideration.
We do value all our customers, especially tourists that make up a large portion of our trade.
Management on duty perhaps did not handle the situation as well as they could have. You were however not charged for the pizza bread you did not eat.
We trust you enjoyed your trip in South Africa and will return for a visit some time soon.
Yours Sincerely
Claudia Urzi

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I certainly know very good italian food but I have to say I was very disappointed when we ate dinner here. I had the caprese salad which consisted of loads of mozzarella, pesto and watery tomatoes but that was it. No real taste or love for italian food showed. And my pizza bread was paper thin and only tasted where the garlic was spread. The lasagne was poor too. All of these dishes are basic italian food and you would expect them to be at least good. I am usually never that critical but this was so disappointing. We paid the full price, no question why we didn't like it (I left 3/4 of my pizza bread and lasagne on the table) I assume because they know that tourists won't come again?

Dear Nadine & Aidan,
Yours Sincerely
Claudia Urzi

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The food here seems to be a bit variable. My melanzana parmigiana starter was very watery but the pizza I had as a main was really good. Service is friendly and good. We were a group of 5 people and everyone had a good time - nice atmosphere and overall a good place to enjoy an evening.