Hampton Inn Kayenta
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$162
$153
HotelQuickly
Wetherill Inn(Kayenta)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hat Rock Inn(Mexican Hat)
The View Hotel(Monument Valley)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Firetree Bed & Breakfast(Monument Valley)
  • Breakfast included
1,745 results
All reviewsmonument valleygift shopno alcoholnavajo nationview hotelnavajo code talkersfour cornersnavajo reservationnice hotelplace to stayon site restaurantfree breakfastroad tripnice roomhot breakfastwafflesgrand canyon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

An oasis in the middle of the desert. Rooms are spacious and the decor is Southwestern in keeping with the locale. They're kept immaculately clean and stocked.

Although the area lacks eateries, except for a variety of fast food joints, the hotel restaurant provided excellent on site dining at reasonable prices. Remember, you're on an Indian reservation so no alcohol. There is non-alcoholic wine on the menu but that's it. There's also a tasty, complimentary breakfast bar that's good for getting your day started.

The staff was friendly and more then helpful with any questions we had concerning the local scenery and sights.

All in all a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I wasn't sure what to expect having never been up this way.
We were visiting Monument Valley in July, so our hotel choices were few and I'm so glad this was one of them. The decor is really nice (reminded me of Tamaya in Albuquerque). The staff was really nice and helpful. The breakfast was delicious (best bacon ever), hot and plentiful. They have washers and dryers, a nice pool and bbq area. They're near gas stations, grocery store, restaurants. The wifi worked great, the room was very nice and we were able to check in pretty late. The drive to Monument Valley was beautiful and only about 20 minutes away. The only issue I might mention is that behind the hotel is an open space where people perhaps between homes seemed to congregate, as did several dogs. We did come in contact with a couple of them who were in need of some funds. They were nice and not pushy. Just putting it out there, this is on the reservation.
All in all I would absolutely stay here again. Check on some of the booking sites early on. I got a really good deal compared to others, but the cancellation window is 72 hours (they are connected to the Utah Park Service). Not easy to change arrival and departure without incurring serious fees.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side (?) face a flashing Burger King sign, but the curtains block this out.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We slept here during our road trip in west USA.
Hotel is about half an hour drive from Monument Valley.
Hotelrooms are good and clean. The restaurant is good, they serve Navajo food, which tastes delicious! You should really try fry bread :)
Also breakfast was good. A Navajo told about his experience in World War two.
Make sure you book a room in advance, the hotel was full when we came here in September 2012, even as other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room in advance, the hotel was full when we came here in September 2012, even as other hotels in de area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice gift shop, Informative staff, nice clean property. I was driving all day from Southern AZ and tired. I stopped in to this location and was very happy with my experience. I will stay here again on my way back through.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This Hampton Inn is quite old fashioned and need some updates (only 1 elevator f.e.). The carpet in the room looked old as well and was not very clean.
Bad smell in the room because of cleaning products.
A/C was noisy as well.

But the king bed was very comfortable and we had a good night sleep.
The free breakfast was good but as Hampton Inn standards, nothing great. The wifi worked properly.
Staff was courteous but that's it.

I would also mention that the pool wasn't very clean and there was no shower (or you must indicate it). Too few sunchair as well.
Hotel situation is good if visiting Monument Valley. Restaurant choice very limited in the aera. BK is not so good.

For the price paid, I expected much more and next time, I'll surely stay at the View Hotel as you don't have the 20 miles trip to see the park.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple