“Expensive but if you plan right you could stay just one night” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Kayenta Monument Valley Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Kayenta
United States
“Expensive but if you plan right you could stay just one night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

As there was only the most expensive rooms available for our stay we had to book one of these. We booked for two nights but we could have seen and done everything in one night by arriving at the park early and leaving after we checked out. In honesty there isn't that much to do here but it is well worth visiting.

The hotel was fine, like other guests we found the staff indifferent, the wifi very sporadic and the bathroom had no soap. The worst problem was the lack of soundproofing I could tell you everything about the guests in the neighbouring room as when I was brushing my teeth I heard their entire conversation, including where they were putting their laptop.

Another guest had reported that the noise from the guests above was bad, let me say it wasn't just the guests above, we were on the top floor and I went out on the patio to see if there was another floor above us as the noise was really loud.

We had plenty of hot water but the shower lacked any power. Towels were huge and very soft.

The room was $226 but there was a hefty 13% tax to add, 8% hotel lodging tax and 5% sales tax. In addition it is $5 per person to enter the park.

I am glad that I stayed there but I wouldn't return and I would advise anyone to go for one night. We took muffins from the grocery store in Kayenta for breakfast and at a McDonalds at midday as the restaurant reviews weren't good.

Room Tip: Upper floors appear to be quieter but they are more expensive
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Leidschendam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

I booked a room at the inn in December last year for April. When I arrived the hotel was overbooked. I was sent to another motel with a much lower rate, yet not given any refund. Later, when I complained, they told me that the designated room had a burst water pipe. Lies! I asked tohem to show me, but theu would not. They could book a group of French Mustang drivers. More favourable. If I wished, i could have dinner at the inn. (Not to compensate me. I would have to pay.)
I have always enjoyed all my hotel stays in America. This was shocking!

Room Tip: Do not book a room here. You may well be sent away.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ysvogel66_12

Travelers are raving about these Kayenta hotels

Lawrence, KS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Kayenta is in the middle of nowhere so they have you over a barrel. Other than your hotel there is only McDonald's, Burger King and Sonic. I didn't see any other places to eat. The room was fine but the staff was indifferent and bored. I must note that the young women at the souvenir shop was very friendly and I really enjoyed our visit. We ate breakfast at the restaurant which was fine but the servers were sullen and acted like they would much rather be somewhere else. One annoying thing was that the parking lot was not lighted, we couldn't see a thing trying to navigate to the door. All this aside, Monument Valley was spectacular! We went to The View Hotel and it was late, we were there till sunset which was unreal. Our photos are eye popping. Visiting in April the weather was perfect. I would stay here again because I doubt I would ever be able to afford the View Hotel. I read somewhere that it was around 300 per night. The free WiFi was tricky, neither my wife or I could get Facebook to load but didn't have any difficulty with any other websites.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank r1wigs
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed two nights. Everyone in our group had trouble with hot water. The room was clean and quiet even though it was on the highway. The hotel provides a coin operated laundry room which was needed halfway through our trip. Several of us had trouble with room keys.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathleen C
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights during the week. Lobby staff was friendly. Room was clean, adequately stocked w toiletries, towels, soap, etc. TV had plenty of cable channels that came in clearly. AC unit worked well and was quiet. Bed and linen was clean and changed everyday. Shower was okay, but the stream could be a bit stronger. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank 341220BK
Appleby Magna, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Hotel about 30 minutes from Monument Valley. Motel style room had a small bathroom and no air con or heating control. I found out next day that it was on the main building system. They must be warm blooded in these parts. We were cold. We ate in the hotel restaurant. It did not serve alcohol, being on Navajo land. It did however serve poor meals to us. A lasagna burnt on the bottom and a plate of tough ribs. The worst meal we had during a 3 week U.S. trip. They took 50% off of the price of the lasagna but did not bother to apologize. The impression was that they did not really care. Don't think we will bother again.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oneh
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We arrived here about 7:45 in the evening, tired from a 395 mile motorcycle ride from Needles, CA. The front desk had my reservation and checked in quickly. The restaurant (Wagon Wheel) closes at 8:00 PM so we had dinner (separate review) and went to the room.
Very nice accommodations! Very clean, very nice furnishings - nice bathroom!
This place is on my radar to return again. The surrounding country is beautiful (Monument Valley is just up the road).
Staff is pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank jcarpenter53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kayenta
Wetherill Inn
Goulding's Lodge & Campground
Goulding's Lodge & Campground
#2 of 2 in Monument Valley
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,489 reviews

Been to Kayenta Monument Valley Inn? Share your experiences!