“Very clean”

Kayenta Monument Valley Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Kayenta
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed there for four nights in March, 2013. Room was very clean, nice, and very comfortable. I paid was low season rate, and was reasonable. Wi-Fi connection was poor because my room was located away from the reception.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stopped here with the family for an overnight, just passing through. Of course, I got the person in training at the front desk. There was a delay with that, but nothing I can't live with. My room was nicely appointed for its age, though the walk to the lobby was pretty lengthy. The restaurant on site was pretty good, especially since it's one of the few decent options in town, but the service was very slow and inattentive. The hotel, and the gift shop especially, present a touch of Native American culture. Certainly got a good night's sleep in a clean room, anyway.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BlakKat
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a bit of a ghost town, we were in a block away from the main reception and I didn't see anyone except people on my tour!

The rooms are dark and dingy with just lamps (no main light) with a large rustic stone wall. Beds are nice, there's a big TV and the bathroom's nice enough.

Location is good for a stopover if visiting Monument Valley but there's really nothing here, just a dirty petrol station and McDonalds across the highway for breakfast. My advice: drive to somewhere better for food!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Kayenta happened to be the half way point for us on our Christmas road trip. We made our reservations early so got the prebooking rate. The kids eat free at the restaurant so that was nice except that they were out if milk.The rooms are updated and clean. I did not like that the heater didn't have a thermostat so I was up about three times to turn it on and off cause I was either hot or cold. The phones in the rooms have an emergency button on them that our 1 year old hit and we were charged for it. That didnt make me real happy but oh well. Overall a pretty good experience.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were there november 1st 2012, the room was reserved 1 month earlier...when we arrived is was so, SO, SO HOT in the room almost 100 degree, the air condition was VERY, VERY, VERY noisy and disturbing we tried to find another place but it was already 5h30 in the evening....IMPOSSIBLE to find another place .
ON TOP of it the hotel had no telephone and no internet working at that moment they were having problem!!!!!!!! the service at the front desk was deficient zero help, zero collaboration, totally unpleasant from the beginning.... PLEASE try not go there if possible.

Room Tip: Don'to choose that hotel...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank claudia j
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were really disappointed by our stay in Kayenta Monument Valley Inn. In the middle of August, we couldn't find a room elsewhere near Monument Valley and ended up spending a fortune for one night (more than 200$). For this price, the staff was really unwelcoming, breakfast was not included, the swimming pool was very small and the fitness suite was the tiniest we've ever seen and some equipment out of order. Our room was near the ice cube machines, whose strong noise we could hear all night/morning long. In short, I would not recommend this hotel even if that means driving some extra miles to be better put up.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mochoka
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I've been living in the hotel for a few weeks now for work and I have to say its one of the nicest hotel's I've stayed in (doesn't say much).
The rooms are beautiful and clean, I love that there is a heat lamp in the bathroom.
Room cleaning service does a good job and so far all the staff has been friendly and helpful.
The internet is pretty sad... and doesn't work half the time. Depending on what room you get the TV is spotty as well.
Also, I wish there was a microwave and refrigerator in the rooms - would make living out of a hotel room much easier.
I have not tried the hotel restaurant- it seems more expensive than it's worth.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kayenta
21 mi away
#2 of 4 in Kayenta
Hampton Inn Kayenta
Hampton Inn Kayenta
#1 of 4 in Kayenta

Been to Kayenta Monument Valley Inn? Share your experiences!