“My second stay”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Kayenta
Greeley, Colorado
“My second stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

The first time a friend and I stayed here was in April 2011 in the driving rain. Not good weather that day. The Wetherill was the first motel coming into town from Monument Valley so we stopped. The check in staff were friendly and courteous and got us into a first floor room quickly. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot so it could have been otherwise. There was a car parked in a non-parking space outside of door, which made it extremely difficult to get in the space in front of our room. We let management know this should not be happening and they quickly took care of the problem. So maybe he wanted to stay out of the rain, but other guests and management fully agreed he had no right to park there. We had a good night's sleep, comfortable, in a clean room and bathroom. We ate their continental breakfast, good selection, and was on our way to Canyon de Chelly National Monument. This second time I stayed in July 2013. I made a reservation this time since it was summer and surprise, I got the same room. Same positives, no problems, except the pillow was very hard and those give me a bad headache. I did let the management know, had my breakfast of good selections and once again on my way to Navajo National Monument. I would definitely recommend Wetherill to other travelers. I had to put a rating for the fitness center although I did not use it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank DesertTraveler10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hungarian first
Pleasant Valley, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

One of the things that I find makes the National Parks & Monuments of the Southwest a national treasure is the landscape has remained open, vast and unchanged since earliest times. This same feature can be a drawback for visitors left with a choice of spending an exorbitant amount for site lodgings of average or mediocre accommodations or traveling great distances for more moderate lodging rates. Kayenta near Monument Valley is a very small community with 3 motels. At the time we booked in the 2nd week in April Best Western Wetherill was the only motel close to Monument Valley we could afford. With that said we found Wetherill a well maintained, updated facility with a nice comfortable room and polite staff; and best of all only 25 minute drive to Monument Valley. We stayed 3 night and found it to be a perfect base to visit Monument Valley, Canyon De Chelly and the Hubbell Trading Post.The Motel's location is conveniently close to major interstate junctions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephen G
North-Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Kayenta is a very expensive city, to eat and to sleep. This hotel is in the average, but it's clean and the room was big. It has some defects too: the bathroom was very small and the shower was horrible (you can not find a way to adjust the water temperature!!!!) The windows do not open.
The breakfast was good, but the room for breakfast was very small and full of people.
The hotel was quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Room was basic & looked clean albeit very dark & dated, but it smelt BAD - like an old people's home, with cheap scent trying to cover the odour of urine. The noise of bikers starting their engines at 6.10 am went on for 40+ minutes, which I realise isn't the hotel's fault, but someone could have had a word? Staff were not particularly friendly. Wifi patchy. And we had to pay $175 for the privilege of staying here?!?!

It's the cheapest place in town, but I expect much better for that amount of money. If I could have given zero stars I would have.

Avoid, avoid, avoid!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mcduffer72

Travelers are raving about these Kayenta hotels

Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

We booked one night here about 2-3 months in advance. When we drove in, we realized it is not as advertised. It looks like a cheap 2 story motel but the rooms were not that cheap. Our room was dark with an old green bedspread. the toilet seat was chipped where I would sit, I pulled back the bedspread to find a yellow stain on the sheet. That was enough for me. I went to the office to tell them that we could not stay in a room that was not clean and I did not trust their housekeeping standards. they reluctantly let us cancel our reservation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fernh
wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

The price was reasonable and the location near Monument Valley is ideal. I would recommend this motel. The other motel in the area was quite a bit more expensive. This motel offered us everything we wanted at a good price. The staff was excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank toniWisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were disheartened when arriving at Kayenta to find 2 expensive hotels on the main road but decided to have a look a bit further out just in case there was another hotel hidden somewhere. To our delight we found Wetherill Inn on the road that leads out to Monument Valley. It's a 5 minute drive away from the township but this is not a problem if you have a car. It looks outdated but compared to the other 2 it's an affordable option that is still clean and comfortable and a basic continental breakfast was included that we found satisfactory for our needs. This was a convenient choice to visit Monument Valley, about a 1/2 hour drive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cajhm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kayenta
Kayenta Monument Valley Inn
Goulding's Lodge & Campground
Goulding's Lodge & Campground
#2 of 2 in Monument Valley
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,527 reviews

Been to Wetherill Inn? Share your experiences!