“First class!”
Review of Lemon Tree Lane

Lemon Tree Lane
Ranked #10 of 230 Port Elizabeth B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Lemon Tree Lane is truly great. They have spacious rooms, stunning bathrooms, beautifully furnished.

We enjoyed the swimming pool, with the 'private' deck enjoying a glass of wine in the evenings.

The owners, Ray and Dee are so welcoming. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, recommended places to eat, things to do and gave us privacy when needed.

The breakfasts are 5*, full house: eggs, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, hot breakfast/omlette, muesli/selection of cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit salad and not to mention the wonderful coffee!!

They have a great selection of DVD's and documentaries from which they let us borrow.

Whenever we come to Port Elizabeth we look forward to staying at Lemon Tree!!

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite is really lovely, right next to the swimming pool!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kathryn P
There are newer reviews for Lemon Tree Lane

Reviewed January 27, 2012

We booked this B&B due to it's proximity to the airport. And it really was as close as the website claimed! Just took 9 mins to get there! We booked the executive suite and it was just wonderful. Old style furniture, such a spacious room and so comfortable. We were on honeymoon and Ray and Dee had a lovely card and bottle of champagne in the room when we arrived, which was very generous considering we were only staying one night. The guesthouse is in a really safe suburb and Ray recommended a lovely restaurant to us which was only a 10 min walk away. Would loved to have longer here. Would highly recommend....

Room Tip: Executive room really spacious and right next to the pool....
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irelandabcdef
Reviewed January 17, 2012

My mom and I stayed at the Lemon Tree earlier this month and had a fantastic stay. The owners were kind enough to organise a taxi for us from the airport and were so helpful and friendly with all of our questions. The rooms and the property are gorgeous and we were sad to leave after 1 night. The house is so peaceful we could have stayed a week.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We "found" Lemon Tree lane on the internet approximately 3 years ago and it is definitely always our 1st choice when travelling through to PE. My husband and I often go to PE for a night or 2 away from our "little ones" and it is a REAL treat staying at Lemon Tree Lane. It is peaceful, the beds are 1st class, bar fridge is packed with necessary "treats" and breakfast in the morning is 5 star!! We HIGHLY recommend Lemon Tree Lane as a place to stay-with Ray and Dee being perfect hosts.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Belinda E
Reviewed December 14, 2011

As a Cape Town based tour operator/guide I have been travelling to Port Elizabeth for the past 13 years and during this period have stayed at a number of places in the city. In the course of my travels I have found that Lemon Tree Lane to be the guesthouse for me. In my opinion the comfortability, hospitality and value for money that one finds at the guesthouse is absolute perfect. Dee and Ray run a guesthouse with the formula of "the guest comes first" and with this being the case one can fully understand why this popular establishment is generally full.

The guesthouse has wonderful gardens which are very carefully and lovingly tended to by Dee's "green fingers". The rooms are all spacious, airconditioned and well equipped especially in the kitchen area. The en suite bathrooms in all rooms are different but well designed for each individual situation. Most important to me is the fact that the guesthouse is located in a quiet area and noise simply is not an issue.

Lemon Tree Lane is one of the constant pick up points for one of the most popular safari days on the garden Route and I always have my visitors stay over at the guesthouse when they are doing this adventure purely because it all works out so well..

In a nutshell lemon Tree Lane is a wonderful place to stay and I would recommend it highly to travellers to the city of Port Elizabeth.

Selwyn Davidowitz – Wanderlust international tourist guide of the year 2007-8

Room Tip: I think the Executive suite has wonderful caharacter and is a fabulous room to to stay in.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ILoveCapeTown
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Last night on Garden Route before flying back to Cape Town so a nice bit of pampering was a good way to finish the trip. They also did an excellent job in short order with our laundry.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank HaydnG
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I travel frequently on business and have never stayed in a B&B as wonderful as Lemon Tree Lane. As a Business Coach, my role includes working with businesses on their client sensory experiences so I tend to notice the little things when I do stay in the various establishments. Lemon Tree Lane checked ALL the boxes! I could not fault one single aspect of my stay or my overall experience - in fact not only did they rate perfect in my books, they set the benchmark going forward.
From the beautifully quaint rooms, the immaculatly manicured gardens, the thoughtful provisions in each room, the close proximity to all convenience destinations in PE, and especially the warmest hosts one could hope to meet - Dee and Ray.
They say that a person will share a good experience with at least seven people. To leave it at that would be a disservice to this establishment. I want to share my perfect experience with as many travellers as possible... not only because Dee and Ray deserve the referrals, but because visitors to Port Elizabeth deserve to know where home away from home is.

Room Tip: The Executive Suite overlooks the swimming pool (as do a number of the rooms), and caters for the bu...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business