“Good overnight stay”

Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Port Elizabeth
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Good overnight stay”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed for one night en route to the garden route. The room was cozy with a view over the sea. The staff were helpful. It was the quiet season but we were made very welcome. Breakfast was lovely. The pool looked small.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Saint-Denis, Reunion Island
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Good hotel for a short or casual stay. The major interest of this hotel is its restaurant, very great international food! The bedrooms were modern, well appointed, spacious and clean. The swimming pool area is small but ok for a sun bath or a quick swim to refresh ourselves. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Being in Port Elizabeth on business for the weekend, I stayed at The Kelway Hotel. My stay was cosy and enjoyable. Breakfast in the morning was relaxing and of good quality. I eat at the restaurant once and it was great. Had a juicy and delicious burger with egg + bacon + cheese, veg and chips for only R50 (would of eaten there every night if it wasn’t for prior arrangements). The staff was friendly and the management was fantastic. Value for money, The Kelway Hotel punches above its weight class.

Room Tip: Get a see facing room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Port Elizabeth
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We first had our Year End Function there 2 years ago, fantastic location with the view of the ocean. We recently had our company's Roadshow in April and the conference room was up to standard but for the second time their food was not. I wanted to prove myself wrong the first time but the second time was the same, their food was still not good. The place on its own is beautiful with a partio with benches where you would sit and admire the scenery of the harbour with friends near a bar area. Their rest rooms where not tidy, I'm afraid I will not consider it for any other functions in future as I had too many complaints from my colleagues.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Very tired hotel, it may have seen better days and is long overdue refurbishment. There was a wedding party using the dining room the evening of our stay, the only food on offer for paying guests that evening was the remains of a buffet and little else. Our room had a balcony, unfortunatly it was home to a flock pigeons who would not leave and used it as their toilet. I am unable to say anything positive about this hotel other than that there are lots of other hotels in Port Elizabeth that are just as convenient for the airport and seafront and I wish we had used one of them.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Port Elizabeth hotels

UK
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I didn't like this hotel for the following reasons:

1. My room was very dark as it looked out onto a high, sheer wall just feet away.

2. When I escaped the depressing atmosphere to sit on the balcony outside the restaurant, staff would not deliver my suitcase to my room as I was not there.

3. The bar area was full of smokers.

4. Breakfast started much later than it should have done, with the result that we had a rather inadequate meal.

Perhaps I just had a particularly bad experience, but I definitely would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Worldtravellerxyz
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I went at the Kelway Hotel with my brother before the World Cup in 2010 (June). We took the Ostrich Steak at the restaurant hotel and it was good. Hotel near the ocean and the beach. Nothing much to say about this place, it's "OK" for a short stay just before leaving for a flight at the Port Elizabeth Airport.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family