“Always Flavourful ”

Royal Delhi Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 387 Restaurants in Port Elizabeth
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

This is the best Indian restaurant with a real legit clay Naan bread maker all the way from India! The staff is alway friendly and helpful. When I feel like the Lamb Vindaloo (which means Hot Lamb) they will never complain when I ask for it medium or not really hot. It is very flavourful.

I normally have the Butter Chicken with garlic Naan and the lamb. My dad had the Oxtail which was also great. Between 3 of us we normally share 2 curries and we find that is more than enough...I will add we are not the biggest eaters.

This is a very reliable choice if you feel like home food, a good plate of home cooked curry.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

Food was very good, not the very best, but more than acceptable, There are not many restaurants around that have a warm cosy atmosphere.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

Visited the restaurant for a meal with my family on Friday 22 July 2016. The restaurant is virtually an institution in PE, and we have been here several times, going back about a dozen years. The welcome is always warm - either the owner or his son is usually on duty (the daughter is involved as well), and there always seems to be genuine welcome and interest in your well-being. The menu has a varied selection of Indian meals, as well as more standard grill options for those members of the family who don't like spicy food (try the steak - better than you would expect in a curry house!). The interior has been revamped a bit recently, along with the menu, with more curry options. The wine list is simple, but very affordable. Service is prompt and efficient, and we had several people checking on our meal, not only our waiter. The curries are very tasty, with a range of heat options. There is now also a choice of rice side dishes, and excellent naan breads (try the chilli naan, if you are brave). Great options (and family favourites) are the butter chicken, chicken tikka masala, chicken and prawn curry, lamb korma, and also the lamb vindaloo, if you like some heat. In the past I have loved the crab curry, so ask if that is available. The dessert list is short, but the portion sizes of the meals are deceptively filling - it may look like a small bowl of curry, but once you get into the rice and naan, you fill up very quickly. The best part of the meal? The leftovers you can take home for breakfast the next day. They do lunch as well, and take-aways, which is very popular - you can have a glass of wine in the adjoining bar while you wait. A perennial favourite, with consistently flavourful food and good service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

Someone this past week said they don't give easy 5 stars but I differ and love to give 5 stars where it is due!!

Again another great dinner with perfectly prepared curry.
Loved every bite. Full off flavours.

If you do takeaways then these guys do the best rooti's in town.

And this with the owner out of town.
Heads up to the team!!!

Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

Amazing food and very good service from all the staff. They will definitely see me again and I will recommend that if you are in PE to visit this restaurant. Excellent service and 10 out 10 for the chicken and prawn curry