“excellent food and service”

Kipling's Brasserie
Ranked #53 of 364 Restaurants in Port Elizabeth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2014

fantastic restruarant, service is excellent. always met with a smile, the staff are friendly and efficient. good variety of foods. Relaxing atmosphere. Choice to dine in or outdoors. Brilliant views from balcony seating. would definately recommend it.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We had our hopes up very high for our dinner and breakfast while staying at the Boardwalk hotel, but we were unfortunately very disappointed. The venue is beautiful and looks very upper class and has the expensive menu to match but the service and quality of some food items was below average to our surprise. We were seated and served water but thereafter no one attended to us. We had to stop someone to ask for service and then waited another 25 mins for our bottle of wine. When our mains arrived we had no cutlery and again had to ask a waiter walking by. We witnessed a gentlemen at the table next to us get up and walk up to the cutlery drawer and collect cutlery for himself and his 3 three guests. I can commend the chef on the salmon, which was absolutely fabulous but my boyfriends steak was well done when he ordered medium rare. Our breakfast was also very disappointing, our poached eggs which we ordered medium arrived to the table at the texture of an over cooked boiled egg and although the menu item which I choose read "seared" salmon, it looked like it was oven cooked, no part of the salmon was stil raw as seared salmon should be. After my complaint, my meal was replaced with eggs bennedict, which was of a superb quality, although the eggs were soft instead of medium. The restaurant has got some truly amazing food but a quality manager or secret diner is really needed to ensure consistency in food and attentiveness with regards to service.

2  Thank msodendaal
Reviewed September 4, 2013

tje buffet here is divine, bur so are all their dishes. Staff is very friendly. Love the breakfast buffet

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I ate there several times and the service was always really good. Good choice of food and wine was good at a sensible price. I entertained there but although I was phoned each day asking if I wanted a reservation the day I said no I went later but it was fully booked.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our first visit to Kiplings was an unexpected delight. The ambience, the service and the attention to detail were first class - then along came the food and this was excellent - I had the Buttered chicken and my husband the Rogan Josh and both meals were superb, the wines were rather pricey though but we will certainly be back.