“So wonderfully different”

Two Olives
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have eaten a few times at this restaurant and what strikes me the most is how different the food is. So many restaurants in Port Elizabeth have the same old same old. Every dish is individually prepared and just so unbelievably good. Most of the time the owner Jono is in the kitchen if he is not cruising around the restaurant, even serving some of the guests. There always seems to be something new on the menu and each time a new delight lands on the plate. I read that some people have complained about the service, hey guys, chill out, this is Africa, have another glass of wine!

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We had a delicious meal at the two olives. The risotto balls and the ribs were especially divine. Recommend sitting on the balcony if you can as it can be loud inside when it's full. The tapas is really good and so is the wine selection.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had a girls' night out at Two Olives and had the most wonderful evening! The food was out-of-this-world amazing, especially the tapas and lamb burger. I will definitely go back for some more and next time we are a group we will definitely order more tapas and share instead of ordering our own meal each. We were the last to leave the restaurant and they were very accommodating and left us to enjoy our night out together!

1  Thank LisaRentzke
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We recently visited with a group of 7 people, in which we had a waiter that was very friendly but his actions made us believe he isn't quite that experienced yet. This doesn't have to be an issue, but we continuously had remind him to take our order further (not just the starter), order new drinks or ask where the food was. It took over an hour until we received any food, not even some bread to start off. The room wasn't that packed so this seemed odd, also having to ask for this isn't how it's supposed to be.

The food we eventually received was excellent, great tastes and the order was processed correctly, we all promptly got our food and in good order.

All in all the food us really awesome, work on the service and it can be quite the gem!

As a side note the singing group that came in was superb,

1  Thank calimonk
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I had planned to go else-ware in Stanley Street for dinner, but it seemed the whole of PE had the same idea that night! We decided to try The Two Olives as neither of us had eaten there before... Although they were also very busy, we were greeted very warmly, shown to an outside table and served promptly by a very efficient and friendly waiter. Our food was unbelievably good, cooked to perfection (Fillet Steak) and served in very good time! We had the most amazing evening. Excellent food, Wonderful service ... I was so impressed I returned the very next night with my best friend and ordered the exact same meal from the night before! Again, cooked to perfection followed by another fabulous evening! i can't wait to return to my new favorite restaurant in town :)

1  Thank Lindimae-T