“Great service, even better meals!!”
Review of Palomino - CLOSED

Palomino
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beeryard with great range of South African Craft Beers, burgers/Pizzas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Awesome place, nice vibe, great food, great service! Excellent all around!
The burger specials are great and value for money!!
Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I went to Palomino last night for the first time and I was really impressed. The décor is warm and inviting with a beautiful log fire heating up the restaurant and enhancing the relaxed ambience.
Our waiter was very attentive, informative and entertaining - qualities that are sadly often lacking in waitron staff. As for the food, I don't know where to begin. Just reading the menu makes you salivate. In the end I decided on a rib-eye steak, chips and salad and I was not disappointed. The steak melted in my mouth, the chips were crisp and the salad was moreish. The dessert was equally good. All in all a stunning evening - great venue, superb food and awesome company! I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Truly wonderful meal, great atmosphere and very friendly management. Also, the fact that they serve craft beer shows their commitment to making a great offering.

Very highly recommended.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am a local and had colleagues from Johannesburg and friends from trendy Cape Town visit us on two separate occasions and wanting to impress we took them to Palomino. Both couples raved about the excellent service, our waitron never missed a beat and he took expert care of us even recommending a meal to my fussy friend. The food was superb as always. We enjoy an interesting menu and there was something for every taste. Being a cold evening there was a fire ablaze in the fireplace was which kept us warm and toasty. This restaurant is warm and inviting and is a "happy place" with top drawer service and food. My personal favourite, the burger with pancetta and gorgonzola, or any of the salads...divine!! Give them a try you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We booked a large table for a school reunion on Friday night on the recommendations of friends who had enjoyed a good meal and liked the vibe of the restaurant. Despite confirming the booking again with the manager prior to arriving, when the first guests arrived they were told the booking was for the following night. We were told we could wait outside and they would provide us with inside seating when a table became available. We enjoyed our drinks and chatted whilst waiting for the promised table and eventually were told about 90 minutes later that we would need to make do with the outside table. We went and sat down and went through the menus which were on our table and made our selections. When we called the waiter over to order he told us the kitchen was closed and we could not get any food. (this despite having them having messed up our dinner booking and us waiting for a table to eat). At the end of several interactions the manager said she would provide desserts on the house to everyone. The desserts were delicious but unfortunately not quite the same as the steak or lasagne, etc that people had been hoping for. There were 20 people in our group and I believe that it should have been possible for the manager to either tell us in advance that the kitchen was closing so should get orders in on time or else have seen a business opportunity and said although the kitchen was closed they could offer one or other dish which would have been greatly appreciated. Unfortunately this has created quite a lot of bad publicity for the restaurant as many of the group are locals who will not be recommending it to their friends and families.