“FIRST AND LAST VISIT------ EVER”

Georgiou's Steakhouses
Ranked #250 of 355 Restaurants in Port Elizabeth
Cuisines: African, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Upmarket Steakhouse with the highest quality steaks.Do Upmarket buffets as well:1 Breakfast Buffet2 Business Lunch Selection3 Sunday Lunch BuffetFamous for Chateaubriand, excellent steaks and ribs.Cater for all sorts of functions
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Bought a voucher on Bargain Buys for 2 at Georgiou's Restaurant. Made a telephone booking for Sunday Lunch 12.30 pm on 10 August 2014. Proceeded to address shown on voucher only to find restaurant closed. Phoned the number on the voucher and was told to proceed to address some 6 - 7 km away. On arrival there (on time) the "CIRCUS" of events began.

Firstly no one at reception to give assistance. Had to find someone in the kitchen area to give us some attention. Shown to our table and thereafter "Ignored" for 10 - 12 minutes. Eventually a waitress arrived to explain procedure --- soup would be served at the table and main course was "self-help". Soup arrived a further 10 minutes later, cold and with no spoons, bread rolls placed on table with no butter. Two pepper pots but no salt on table. Main course (Buffet) an absolute disaster, consisting of rice (cold), potatoes (cold and unbrowned), 1 vegetable (luke warm) and unattractive looking beef dish (half cold), some other unidentifiable meat dish and a dish of stew (reasonably warm).

Asked for our food to be warmed in microwave and after 10 minutes delivered to our table --- still only slightly warmer that before. Sent back for microwave warming a second time and had to wait a further 10 minutes. Food eventually arrived warm but bland and tasteless. Ate approximately one third plate and pushed the rest away. Asked waitress about dessert and told it would be ready in 5 minutes. Waited for 15 minutes - still no dessert so settled the bill and left, vowing to never return. On leaving, waitress came after us to to say dessert was now ready for serving.

Two other couples left at the same time - one with a family also complaining of the cold food and shoddy service. One couple left their uneaten food on their table and refused to pay - also vowing to never ever return. I am a senior citizen and eat out practically every Sunday and have tried practically every restaurant in Port Elizabeth ranging between mediocre and excellent, but Georgiou's is most definately worst reataurant experience. Food displayed in a most unattractive way --- two wooden tables with no table cloths --- in my opinion pathetic.

W. de Klerk (Mr)

2  Thank Ren848
There are newer reviews for Georgiou's Steakhouses

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Just terrible!

I went to Georgiou's Steakhouse in Sunridge Park with my two sons and mother.

Getting a plate of food from the buffet, I noticed that everything was cold.
I ate most of my food but noticed a bad odour coming from the roast beef.
Luckily I didn't eat too much about it.

My mother and kids weren't so lucky. All three can down with a mild case of food poisoning that night.

The only reason I go to Georgiou's is the selection of desserts. I have been there before and the dessert was fantastic.
This was not the case on the night in question.
I ordered the Crème Brulee and my mother the Chocolate mousse.
Upon cracking the Crème Brulee open, I noticed the egg was cooked, giving it the consistency of a soggy omelette. The chocolate mouse was like a thick milkshake with the ice cream sinking halfway down the glass.

I complained about the food and was told that this is how they make their Crème Brulee. The chocolate mousse apparently didn't have enough time to set yet.

I asked for the owner's details and left my number. No-one has since come back to me.
I will never again set foot in this place. They treat their customers like a necessary evil at best. This time I am voting with my feet

1  Thank cbotha24
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I wrote a mail regarding the service with contact details and still no reply . Won't be recommending it to anyone. Embarrassing moment for me as I recommended it to our managers and senior management.

2  Thank Allanch
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've been visiting Georgio's maybe 7 times during the past 3 months and my experience went from better to worse, until I've decided, NO MORE. Business Buffet- 12 until 15:00, At 13:30 only scraps of food were left while there was more than ten customers in the restaurant queuing for food. It happened twice in my last two visits and when I pointed the absence of food during a buffet out to my waitress, we had to wait almost 20 minutes until the curry was refilled AND THE MEAT TASTED OLD AND OFF...Needless to say, That was my last visit to any Georgio's
Waitresses are also slow to clean up tables...If you want to eat well, don't visit Georgio's

3  Thank Raymond L
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was there today, 13 ladies turned up out of 15. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast with orange juice and champayne, expresso coffee, chocolates and more coffee. We exchanged gifts and played games at the table. Most enjoyable relaxing morning with fun and laughter - we will do it again.

3  Thank Aljuhaven