“Good potatoe skins”
Review of Blu Cafe - CLOSED

Blu Cafe
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed March 1, 2013

A nice trendy cafe, service is a bit slow, but the atmosphere makes up for it. The snacks are good especially the potatôe skins.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Heard about trendy "blu cafe" and tried it out last night. Super restaurant with great decor. While the food took a little while to arrive, it was well presented and delish!! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

So I have read great reviews of Blu cafe restaurant is situated in Lorraine.

Waiters are incompetent, took very long with my order and my food came long before my drinks had arrived which is the first time i have experienced something like this.

My colleagues and i were hoping for a nice peaceful evening to eat some good food and dine and wine a bit. I asked to speak to the manager but however the waiter did not convey the message.

The restaurant indeed is in a sought after area and yes it is very price, but with pricy comes class something blu cafe lacks.

Suggestion, get new competent waiters clearly yours does not have customer interest at heart.

I definately wont be coming back neither will my 6 colleagues and their families.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Well worth a visit: What gorgeous food & presentation. I shall return when next in PE & I've been raving about it to all my friends in, from & going to PE.
While trying to decide from all the lovely options, the owner recommended (forgotten the name!) which is sweet potato skins with a spicy topping, rolled up & then sliced. As there are 3 in a portion, we ordered a portion to share while we decided. Delicious.
My mother & friend each had a roti (mutton and chicken with prawn, resp), while I had 2 starters: Thai spiced calamari, followed by garlic prawns, which were dee-lish-ous: a smallish portion of prawns in a lovely very garlicky sauce, a scoop of avocado ice cream & a lovely lightly spiced Thai crab cake (I could taste the coconut).
Dessert was a crème brulet, but with a difference: a 'normal' size crème brulet with a marinated fanned strawberry, a shot of cinnamon vodka with a cinnamon stick inside (yummy) & a little bowl of honeycomb.
We had a lovely, friendly waiter, and everyone who served us was friendly & polite.