“Amazing Trip with Craig from Mosaic Tourism!”

Mosaic Tourism - Day Tours
Ranked #5 of 19 Tours in Port Elizabeth
More attraction details
Owner description: Mosaic Tourism is based in the friendly city of Port Elizabeth and we proudly showcase the magnificent MOSAIC (diversity) of both Port Elizabeth and South Africa. The Eastern Cape and the Cape coast is a gem in our beautiful country. Many visitors return, it’s a holiday destination that touches hearts and leaves you feeling at home. Committed to service excellence we offer both packaged and tailored tours. We value every guest and with registered and professional tour guides, we ensure guests visiting will not leave disappointed. We offer flexibility and variety, catering for the single traveller to groups. Mosaic Tourism is a multi award winning Tour Company and some of our recent awards include: 2015: Craig Duffield won South African Tourism's Lilizela award for the best tourist guide in the Eastern Cape Province & was among the 7 finalists for the National Award. 2015: Mosaic Tourism won South African Tourism's Lilizela award for the best "Visitor Experience Award" in the "Roots and Culture" category in the Eastern Cape Province and were among the 4 finalists for the National Award. 2015: Mosaic Tourism won South African Tourism's Lilizela award for the best “Tour Operator” in the “Emerging Tour Operator” category and was one of finalists for the National Award. 2014: Craig Duffield won South African Tourism's Lilizela award for the best tourist guide in the Eastern Cape Province & was among the 5 finalists for the National Award.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Craig took us on a weekend trip along the Garden Route and we could not have asked for a better experience. We threw out some ideas and he morphed them into a well-planned trip, and then was flexible about adding and deleting agenda items as we changed our minds! He handled everything that came up, took us to amazing locations (the shark cage diving spot was unbelievable!), and was incredibly knowledgable about the history and culture of South Africa. And to give you an idea of how nice of a guy Craig is, I left my sunglasses in his car at the end of the trip and he called to say he had them and then brought them by where we were staying!! A great experience---- Go with Craig and Mosaic Tours!

CraigDuffield, Owner at Mosaic Tourism - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Hi K,

I hope this is only the beginning of a lifelong fascination and desire to explore Africa!

I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend guiding you both through parts of the Garden Route. Thank you for choosing Mosaic Tourism and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your trip so much!

It was no trouble at all returning your sunglasses to you. I would not have wanted you to be squinting in the African sun for the last few days of your vacation.

Glad the rest of your trip went well and you got home safely!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just back from a wonderful trip to Port Elizabeth in SouthAfrica . My dad and I visited Amakala game reserve and we did this through Craig and Mosaic tours. It was a memorable day, It was like spending the day with a friend. Any adventures , small or large I would recommend booking through this lovely company that keeps things personal and informal.

1  Thank S P
CraigDuffield, Owner at Mosaic Tourism - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful review SP! I never take any clients review for granted so I appreciate the time you have taken to write this and I am very thankful for it too.

I thoroughly enjoyed the day I was privileged to spend with you and your father. I enjoyed our conversations and loved hearing about your various travelling adventures. What a joy it must be to explore the world together the way you do.

I am very grateful that I could play a small part in your 2013 South African adventure and thankful you experienced a personal, informal and memorable day with us.

Hopefully we will see each other again on your next South African Adventure.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

So....we had a rugby game to get to on the Saturday, breakfast with family on the Sunday and then we had to head off to Shamwari on the Monday. That left half a day to do Addo. Most of the tours that we looked at suggested that the best game viewing was in the morning or that we should do a full day tour or that it would be best if we met the guide at the park entrance. None really fitted. We contacted Craig. An afternoon tour would be perfect as the season was changing, the weather was cooler and the game was more visible without the bite from the heat. He was exactly right - the trip ended up being about 5hrs or more, we saw more elephants at Addo than in any other park that we went to, lions strolled by us and took great interest in a herd of zebras and we saw such a vast array of other wildlife. Craig was a terrific host - knowledgeable and in the rare case when he didn't know the answer, he told us that he didn't know. The trip was comfortable, nothing was too much trouble and the pick up and drop off at the hotel in PE was perfect. A superb day out. One tip - the snack bag could have had a few healthier options ! We strongly recommend Craig and the Addo trip.

CraigDuffield, Owner at Mosaic Tourism - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review. I do not take your review for granted and I really do appreciate it! I am glad everything worked out and we really did have a great afternoon of animal sightings in Addo. Thanks for the constructive feedback about the snack bag. I will work on this.

I hope to see you and Carol whenever you visit again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Craig was a really good and knowledgeable tour guide. We had arranged for Craig to pick us up from the bus station as we were arriving by overnight bus, that was a couple of hours late. Not to worry though he was still there waiting for us, then took us to accommodation to check-in, then we went straight off to Addo.

In his jeep he has facility to charge your phone and wifi, that was quite useful having spent the night on a bus.

The tour of Addo was excellent. We were only really expecting to see elephants, but Craig's knowledge and experience made sure we saw a lot more and made for a thoroughly enjoyable day.

The following morning we took a half day Township/Red Location tour, which again was excellent. Craig's knowledge of all the places we visited made it very interesting. He managed to get us into the Red Location Museum even though it was shut due to it being a public holiday. He also introduced us to some of the local people within the township, who he clearly has a very good relationship with.

At the end of our Township tour we were leaving on an overnight train, so he took us to a shop to pickup some provisions. He left us to it while he dropped off the other person on the tour, then returned to drop us off at the train station.

He went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect. Highly Recommended!!!

Hi Stephen,

I trust you and Natalie enjoyed the rest of your time in South Africa and your other travels. You guys truly planned a great and exciting trip. Thanks for choosing Mosaic Tourism and allowing me to be part of your incredible journey.

I really appreciate the time you have taken to write a review of your experience and especially the kind words that you have shared. Thank you! I am most pleased that you found that I lived up to the promise of being personalised and professional. It was wonderful spending a day and a half with you both in Addo and the townships of Port Elizabeth's and hopefully one day our paths will cross again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was on a township tour with Craig and Mosaic Tourism on the 29.03.2013 and it was absolutely fantastic. The tour is very exciting and shows a good picture of the townships of PE. Craig tells you also a lot of PE and the history of PE, and also about the townships and the people who live in the townships. You also can meet a lot of people which have their own business in the township, so you can learn a lot of the people and the townships. Craig is also very friendly and a very good person. He is a very good tour guide and you can learn a lot from him. I a half day I enjoyed the tour a lot and I hope I can make another tour with Craig too. It was really gorgeous and amazing. I would recommend the tour with Craig to everybody. Thanks Craig for this amazing day, hope to see you soon again.

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for a wonderful review. I really appreciate the time you took to write it!

I am glad that you had such a positive experience and that my love for people and our area was communicated effectively. Thanks for choosing Mosaic Tourism for your township tour and for the time you took getting to know some of the local people.

It was wonderful meeting you and getting to know you.