“Happy Stay”
Review of Sir Roys - Walmer

Sir Roys - Walmer
Ranked #32 of 231 Port Elizabeth B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Thank you for hosting us with my family.
Firstly, the quick response from our query and quote received from Linda was excellent.
She welcomed us in a very pleasant manner and all the filling in of the forms I normally do not like was done in a very pleasant chatty way.

My daughter and grand child felt at home and enjoyed the room and freedom we had.

Once again keep up the friendly way you treat people.

I will definitely recommend your place to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Linda D, Owner at Sir Roys - Walmer, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for your very kind words. We hope to have you back again sometime.
Regards Linda

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Venue and Rooms smart and clean. Breakfast great. Overall a good stay. Friendly service. We arrived late in the evening and the host waited up for us. We requested breakfast earlier than normal which they accommodated.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Everything top class with the exception of a very poor breakfast. Rolls stale, fruit old and eggs overdone.The room was large and airy, the bed and amenities very comfortable. Lovely gardens and pool.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Linda D, Owner at Sir Roys - Walmer, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Hi Judy, Thank you for your response. We are very sorry to hear that your breakfast was not up to scratch on the day you stayed with us in January. I would like to offer our apology and after tracking back to when you stayed in January I can assure you that the person that was on duty that day is no longer working at our establishment. I hope you consider trying us again and we assure you that you will not have the same experience. Once again please accept our apology.
Regards Linda Devan

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Awesome place for a get away. Great hostess Anna and scrumptious breakfast. Definitely go back if we needed to stay in the area again. Lovely pool on site. Great room and balcony. Everything you would need

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The b&b is very clean and well appointed. It was well located for the purposes of my visit. My greatest issue is that for 2 days out of my four day stay I was disturbed by the cleaning staff wanting to enter the room and clean up between 10 am and 11 am .The first time the door to my room was opened while I was in the bathroom, I had not locked the bathroom door and there was no knock prior to entering this was alarming to say the least. The second time I left the key in the door to protect my privacy So the cleaner was forced to knock and woke me up. She was quite insistent on entering. I had to be quite firm and refuse to the point of being rude. When I mentioned this to the both the ladies in charge I was told that they were on skeleton staff, and I had to be disturbed because the cleaner had so many rooms wanted to clean and she wanted go home early the implication being that I would have held the cleaner up. The cleaning staff have no way of knowing if there is anyone in the room. I was also told that customers at the B&B don't mind this interruption. It seems that the focus was on the comfort of the staff rather than the customer. For an establishment in the hospitality trade why do they not have do not disturb signs and why were my preferences placed second to the staff? .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Linda D, Owner at Sir Roys - Walmer, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you for your comments and the option of a do not disturb sign for guests who do not want to be disturbed between 10 and 2 when servicing is done and opt for no servicing is a good suggestion. We do really value each and every guest that stays with us. Please accept our apology for your disturbance.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

From the comfortable accommodation to the lovely food and to the amazing people working there, I really enjoyed my stay.

The staff were really friendly and always there to assist.

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have passed 3 days with my family at Sir Roys Walmer to finalise a beautiful tour around the Garden Route. We were perfectly received by Linda. The rooms very well prepared, spacious and sufficiently furnished. The overall service was very good and the quality of the breakfast outstanding. Very good!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family