“Great location, excellent value”

Garden Court Kings Beach
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Port Elizabeth
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed at the Garden Court over a weekend. Rooms have been recently re-done and are beautiful. Reception service was efficient and friendly. Hotel is superbly located and service a nice buffet breakfast with many other restaurant options close by. Nice early morning walk on the beach which is very close by. Can highly recommend it

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank donovan83
Erika R, General Manager at Garden Court Kings Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Good morning
Thank you so much for the great comments after your recent stay. Without the individual feedback we are nto able to improve on our service to you.

There are newer reviews for Garden Court Kings Beach

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Everything was superb, keep the good work up. Your staff is selling your company in all possible ways, they are smart in uniform, ever smiling, willing to help all the time. Dinner and breakfast, including a spacious neat room are all I liked best. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Erika R, General Manager at Garden Court Kings Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for the very kind comments after your recent stay. Without the feedback we are not able to improve our service to you.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The pleasant nature and efficient nature of the staff was extremely heart warming. May family's stay was indeed our home away from home. The kitchen staff were very accommodating and exceed all our expectations, while the rooms were all comfortable and neat.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Erika R, General Manager at Garden Court Kings Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Good morning
Thank you very much for the kind comments after your recent stay. Without the individual feeback we are not able to improve on our service to you. The staff will be very excited to see that we have met your expectations.
Erika Rautenbach

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had a good experience as I have always had at Kidds Beach Garden Court.
Bothe the check-in and check-out were without any hassles even though I had not made any prior booking. I suspect that the fact that I am on file as a frequent guest work in my favour as well.

The room was clean and everything else was good save that the water took long to drain from the bath. Otherwise I was very happy.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Erika R, Manager at Garden Court Kings Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback after your recent stay. Without the individual feedback we are not able to improve on our service to you.
Thank you for the kind comments. The staff will be very pleased to see that they have met some of your expectations.
Thank you for staying at Kings Beach and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Port Elizabeth garden Court mst learn from Mthatha Garden court on how to prepare breakfast and dinner.
Their food in Mthatha is very nice with variety. Garden court Port Elizabeth use to have during breakfast nice viennas.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Thank Lisolomzi Bryan... M

Dear guest
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback. Without the individual feedback we are not able to improve on our service to you.
We have noted your comments regarding the food and will take some time with the chefs to see how we can improve on our offering.
Thank you for staying at Kings Beach.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

The airconditioning did not work, and was not repaired despite my complaining to reception. The carpets in the "Suite" were stained. The room overall felt dirty and was poorly furnished. The minibar fridge was completely empty.

Whilst I realise Garden Court is a lower grade of Tsogo Sun hotel, for the rate of R1,900 per night, the "Suite" was certainly overpriced and provided poor facilities.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Marc S
Erika R, Manager at Garden Court Kings Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for participating in this review. Without the individual feedback we are not able to improve on our service to you.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the Suite not being suitably clean.
We have noted your comments regarding the price of the suite and the sparse furnishings.
Thank you for staying at Kings Beach.
We hope to welcome you back again some time.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I arrived at this hotel after a 10 hour drive from Johannesburg, only to find my room not ready and a wishy washy story about late check out and housekeeping not having cleaned the room yet. It was 14:00, check in time. Then they tried to fob me off with another room type that I didn't want! Eventually they called housekeeping, who could now miraculously clean my room, but I had to wait. So I ask them for a good seafood place where I could have lunch while they prepared the room. Horror of horrors, the one guy says Mcdonalds and the lady next to him says Primi Piatti. Really? A hotel located at the waterfront unable to direct a visitor to an appropriate restaurant? To make matters worse, there is a seafood place about 500m from the hotel. When I got back, I was eventually checked in and told that breakfast is at 6 the next morning. The room was really cosy, very modern, with a great view. Next morning at 6, I was at the dining room only to find a sign that says that breakfast starts at 6:30, the problem was that I had to be on the road at 6:30. Luckily for me there was a very accommodating gentleman, Sbusiso, at reception and he organized "breakfast on the go", while I collected my things. When I got back, no one knew what I was talking about and for a while there I was sent from pillar to post and made to feel like a complete idiot, until Sbusiso came back and sorted the whole mess out. The hotel needs to sort out the parking and walkway. The walkway is steep, with no shelter and when it rains, you're on your own. If you're in high heels you're in danger of breaking your neck while walking down this steep incline to the door. They also don't have a porter, as I was curtly informed, so you're on your own with your luggage. I really like the rooms, but the staff is so cold and inefficient, that I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your comprehensive feedback after your recent stay. Without the feedback we are not able to improve on our service.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We have noted your comments and will discuss with the relevant staff.
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.