“Better than just a rest-stop”
Review of Splash Guest House

Splash Guest House
Ranked #49 of 240 Port Elizabeth B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked Splash Guest House as a low-cost resting stop after an overnight flight from Perth WA, and did not expect more. I was wrong. The Guest House - rooms, cleanliness, facilities etc. - was superb and the welcome and help from James, the owner, was everything we could hope for and more than we expected. If we had not already booked the rest of our trip we would have stayed there for a few days more.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
James D, Owner at Splash Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thanks for the review guys! I'm glad you enjoyed Splash. What a pity you couldn't stay longer. I hope you enjoyed the game reserve and had a pleasant flight home :-)

Reviewed February 12, 2013

It was a great experience, I must say we were both surprised with the comfort and convenience. Clean and well maintained! Definitely using it on our next trip to PE! This was my 15th trip in the year and this was the first I truly felt at home (away from home), if you are a travelling business man this counts for a lot. The free wi-fi was an added bonus. Simply stunning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
James D, Owner at Splash Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thanks guys! It was fantastic to have you, and we look forward to seeing you again :-)

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our family of 5 stayed 1 night in December 2012. It is a converted suburban house literally a block away from the beachfront. What I loved was the neatness, convenient location to amenities, the immaculate bed-linen and the quiet surroundings. The only suggestion to the helpful owner is to see to mold on the ceiling of the shower...........a common problem near the sea.

I will definitely return when In am back in PE.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
James D, Owner at Splash Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thanks Shirin!

Yes the mould is a problem at the coast as we have to paint regularly to fix it. I'm still looking for a more permanent solution, but it seems as if regular painting is the only answer. The only problem is the paint smell, which lingers for a few days. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, as I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had an awesome time. Everything was very neat, tidy and well kept. The staff was very friendly and James, the owner, is a great guy and put in a lot of effort to accomodate us. Will definitely be returning next year. All ammenities are across the road makes life a lot easier!
Thanks!

1  Thank AndreAnnandale A
James D, Owner at Splash Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thanks guys! Was awesome to have you with us, and I hope to have the "wolf pack" back next year ;-)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Came back from a 4 night stay at Splash and man what a place. Great spacious rooms with very nice bathrooms ans of course the pool and braai aria that was absolutely awesome. Thanks to James ans Linda for being the best hosts i have ever had and making us feel right at home.

Howling greetings!!!
The wolf pack.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I just returned from a fabulous 4 nights at Splash Guesthouse.

The accommodation was neat, clean and comfortable. The pool and braai area where we spent most of our time was perfect. James is a fantastic host and all round great guy.

There rooms are spacious and well equipped.

The only thing I'd recommend is that they get some more self catering utensils like plates, cutlery etc. for use whilst at the guest house.

I'll definitely be returning again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
James D, Owner at Splash Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thanks guys! I'm glad you had a great time. Next time I'll make sure there are more utensils, and I'll even treat you to a free barbecue! See you soon...

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Located close to the beach and in easy reach of main shopping areas. James was very welcoming and gave us good advice on things to see and places for eating. The room was comfortable and clean. Would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
James D, Owner at Splash Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad I could assist you with your plans, and Pleased you enjoyed your stay. Come back soon!