“Always busy.”

Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Good food, good service! Seaside venue. Parking can be difficult at times. I had a huge Sole, perfectly cooked and delicious.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I often have business dinners at this place whenever in town, never disappoints. Great people, great atmosphere, great people, great ambience and excellent good.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

The Coachman is a nice restaurant in Port Elizabeth, the service is OK, they give an exclusive waitress for the night, and the food quality is alright. I had a good steak, can’t complaint.
There are probably better choices in the city but this is also a good place to eat.
Not great but good enough.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had our faculty dinner recently at The Coachman and I must say that I was quite impressed. The place is cozy, unpretentious and has a very English pub feel to it. The waitresses were very attentive and friendly and I loved the atmosphere of the place. We were ordering from a set menu, so I admit that I didn't expect much, so I was pleasantly impressed with the food. My soup, was not the best, so I ended up eating the my colleague's chicken livers which were in a delicious creamy sauce and also got to sample the oysters which were nice and fresh. The winner for the evening was the lamb chops, soft juicy , well seasoned and just melted in my mouth. If you're in Port Elizabeth, I say don't go for the decor, but go there for the lamb chops!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Arrived during a cold night in Port Elizabeth and was met by the warmest hospitality. The service was superb with the owner checking in to make sure our evening was perfect. The lamb shank was recommended and wisely so. It was melt in your mouth good served with veggies.
The decor is warm and inviting and I will be back.