“Good old PE favourite.”

Ranked #60 of 365 Restaurants in Port Elizabeth
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Relaxed, country dining with an exciting twist. Top quality food and beautiful mountain views. Menu changes seasonally with daily specials on the black board. Vegetables and herbs grown organically right outside. Produce locally and ethically sourced. Striving to be as green as possible through recycling, composting and keeping our carbon footprint as low as possible. Family and well-behaved pet friendly. 25Min drive from PE or Jeffrey's Bay.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

What can I say. Beautiful Restaurant with very comfortable seating. The Restaurant is right on the Beachfront with beautiful views of PE and the sea. The service is good and the food is very good. Steaks are their specialty. Whats not to like?

MJV9, Owner at Crossways Country Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Hi Salome,

I have a feeling that this review was not meant for us :) We are a bit far from the sea...

Kind regards,
Mika

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

First time visit to this wonderful venue. The food was brilliant - probably the tastiest breakfast I have had. I enjoyed the blue gum and my wife the Mount view. I highly recommend you treat yourself and come investigate the menu.

1  Thank ADBarr

Hi ADBarr,

We're so happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your breakfast with us and hope that you will be back soon!

All the best,

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We visited this restaurant for the first time on Saturday and found that although it was extremely busy, the service was excellent. We were attended to as soon as we found a table and sat down. I had the pork belly and my husband had the fishcakes. Both were excellent. A very friendly place and worth the drive out from Port Elizabeth approximately 35k's - we were advised that Sundays are very busy so it's better to book to avoid disappointment.

1  Thank 427sue

Dear Sue,

Your informative and positive review is greatly appreciated.

See you again soon!

Warm regards

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We love coming here. Their food is interesting, delicious, and plentiful. They grow their own organic veggies and chickens. Lovely building, using natural products. Rustic. My only reason for giving it 4 and not 5 stars, is that I am cold there. Maybe I should take a jacket next time we go. It is halfway between Port Elizabeth and Jeffrey's Bay, so an easy 23 minute ride to get there.

MJV9, Owner at Crossways Country Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2014

Hi Cecilia,

Thank you so much for your positive & thorough review, it is genuinely appreciated!

I'm so sorry to hear that you were a bit cold...Winter took so long to arrive this year, that it caught us a bit off guard and our heaters & wood were not in place for the first cold front. I can assure you that we will not be caught out like that again & that we've got 2 gas heaters and a big fire going for the remainder of Winter.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We had a family lunch that was a table of 12, the setting was lovely among the trees and a view of the mountains the food was really awesome everyone had something different and they all enjoyed it. The kids loved the outdoor play area too. A stunning place for a Sunday lunch or special occasion

2  Thank LAB1974

Dear LAB1974,

Thank you SO much for your kind words!! Truly heartwarming to receive such positive feedback.

Look forward to having you again!

Kind regards