“Foodie Gem!”

Ranked #41 of 359 Restaurants in Port Elizabeth
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Relaxed, country dining with an exciting twist. Top quality food and beautiful mountain views. Menu changes seasonally with daily specials on the black board. Vegetables and herbs grown organically right outside. Produce locally and ethically sourced. Striving to be as green as possible through recycling, composting and keeping our carbon footprint as low as possible. Family and well-behaved pet friendly. 25Min drive from PE or Jeffrey's Bay.
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Our friends in Port Elizabeth kindly introduced us to this truly hidden gem located on the N2 at the Thornhill exit. Who would think one would find such excellent cuisine there? We all enjoyed our perfectly prepared main courses - mine was beef fillet: just excellent! And do not skip dessert here because their desserts are heavenly. My wife had a chocolate mousse cake, layered with dark, milk and white chocolate mousse. Well, she got so possessive with that dessert that I had to distract her to steal some! What a great, peaceful setting for this place too. Of course it did not stop there, because we had to load up on their baked breads and other goodies in their shop. We live in the US, but every time we go to Port Elizabeth this will have to be a mandatory stop on our itinerary!

MJV9, Owner at Crossways Country Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Hi WildWestCouple,

Thank you so much for you kind words and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor!

We are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed the experience so much.

Hope to see you again on your next trip to SA/PE.

Best regards

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have always been considered a bit of a food snob, but what I have experienced at Crossways Country Kitchen has certainly raised the standard for me. Thank you CCK for high quality food, excellent service, wonderful surroundings and the knowledge that my food was prepared by people who have my wellbeing at heart, due to their dedication and attitude to permaculture. I hope people realize just how much they are getting when they eat there, as you are truly Good Food people! Thank you for a wonderful experience. See you again soon!

2  Thank Jean V
MJV9, Owner at Crossways Country Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Jean,

We appreciate your words and sharing it wholeheartedly.
We truly do carry our customers' well-being & the enjoyment of CCK in the highest regard and our only wish is that everyone may experience it so!

Looking forward to having you here again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Whatever I say, I will not do this restaurant justice. The atmosphere is warm, the service excellent, but the food is unmatched! Their country style cooking with a twist is now one of my favourites, which is going to make me super-picky about where I'm going to eat next and Crossways Country Kitchen absolutely exceeds any expectation I've ever had. All I can say is wow!!

1  Thank Lewies48

My whole being is warmed by words like these!!

Thank you so much, Lewies, all I can say is "wow"! :)

All the best,

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had a delightful lunch at Crossways on our recent trip down the eastern cape coast. The seasonal vegetable crostini and salad were both scrumptious and full of flavour, no doubt helped by the fact that pretty much all of it was sourced from the amazing garden located alongside the restaurant. The homemade lemonade complemented it beautifully. The country setting, relaxed atmosphere and their attitude to food - local, slow and organic - make this a place more people should visit with family and friends for a long soulful meal.

1  Thank evandt

Hi there,

Thank you so much for you kind words and for sharing you experience.
We appreciate it very much!

See you again soon,

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Staff was friendly. Service was good. Food was well prepared. Love the way the food was served. Lovely farm atmosphere end very relaxing. Highly Recommended

1  Thank amvjjv
MJV9, Owner at Crossways Country Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Hi there, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It is highly appreciated and heart warming to hear such kind words about our restaurant, which we naturally feel very passionate about!