“Excellent steaks”

Dining options: Reservations
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Excellent steaks”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Excellent steaks. My son especially enjoyes the avocado and biltong steak.Lovely view of the boardwalk from upstairs

Visited July 2013

Pretoria, South Africa
“Not Bad, but thats all!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

After around 2 years, back in PE on a business visit, I went alone. I remember them well, good steaks, good red wine, one of the first carriers of The Wolftrap. I had some good nights there. They were never over the top expensive nights though. Had a bit of a 'bugger me' moment when I sat down and looked at the menu though. They are properly pricey, wine and food, more so than my regulars Butcher Boys and Joops in Durban. Maybe on a par with JHB and CT restaurants, but come on, this is PE. Or am I being harsh. It wasnt bad, food was Next time I will stick to a solid safe value for money venue, with a view of the blue sea, but i wont name it here, always good in PE though!

• Visited June 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Not what it used to be!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

When possible I go to Port Elizabeth every two years or so and Squires is usually the first place I want to go for the fantastic ostrich fillet. Unfortunately, this time I was not impressed. At first the service was fantastic and the starters were great. The mains arrived and were going down a treat. Our guests from London were loving every minute and then..... the clock struck ten (which apparently is closing time) and everything went downhill!
The staff seemed to disappear, the room literally went cold. We felt so uncomfortable we didn't know what to do with ourselves. The music was even switched off.
It had been a busy day for all of us and although we were all looking forward to desserts and coffees we decided to leave as soon as our waitress (finally) turned up to clear our plates and we could ask for the bill.
All in all a huge disappointment. I'm sad to say we will not be back.

• Visited February 2013
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Squires Loft at the Boardwalk”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Service was excellent and the staff friendly .One of the best places to have a steak in P.E. . They also excelled when it came to prawns

Visited August 2012
Port Elizabeth
“Very nice”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Went for supper with my wife and dad. The food, service and everything was excellent. Great for smart dining.

Visited June 2012