“Skip It!!”
Review of Seaview Lion Park

Seaview Lion Park
Reviewed March 31, 2014

What a waste of time and cab fare! Arriving, there wasn't even anyone to direct me what to do. So I just walked around "watching" sleeping lions in big cages. I could see this at a zoo. Don't even bother going! Super waste of time!

8  Thank imtrigirl
There are newer reviews for Seaview Lion Park

Reviewed February 12, 2014

excellent game park with so many different lions and other animals to see - held baby tiger which was amazing will def return

4  Thank anlou1
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The Seaview Lion Park is a sanctuary for lions and tigers, surrounded by a park with Giraffes and different sort of deer. You enter by car, but coming around a corner, our trip was soon interrupted by a group of 5 giraffes eating their trees and blocking the road. It gave us good 15 minutes to admire these huge animals right in front of us. Then we reached the area where they have very large enclosures for lions and tigers. Finally we arrived at the main building with a restaurant and several different enclosures where they have tiger and lion cubs. If you want, you can get in there to get in close encounter with these animals, under surveillance of a game ranger. We chose the enclosure with a male lion and a female white tiger, both one year old. Probably the last chance to pet these animals before they become adults. This park is highly recommendable for anybody, be it family, group or single persons, who want to directly interact with these wonderful animals. A great day trip from PE.

2  Thank Marcel M
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We recently holidayed in Port Elizabeth and after having debated what to do, we thought it may be nice to take the children to the park. We saw plenty of young giraffes and some buck and then parked our vehicles to the enclosure where the tiger is kept and where the lions are. Thereafter we thought we would have a bite to eat at the restuarant/curio shop. There are just the basic toasted sandwiches etc on offer. The curio shop is grossly overpriced. I would much rather support the other game parks in and around Port Elizabeth and found the whole visit a bit of a rip off.

4  Thank Mands007
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I return to SA every 3 years and each time I bring my family back to good old Port Elizabeth (bod of my favourite cities). We visit the park every time we come back to PE. I was somewhat dismayed to see the astronomical increase in gate fees and then the one on one animal interaction fees! Outrageous- R50 suddenly increased to R350 in 3 years! The experience with the cub was terrible for my 4 year old and husband - we were first on the list for the day, but 4 volunteers had frightened the cub so much already they couldn't get near it. On arriving at the park at opening time, we were asked to wait 45 minutes while volunteers ate their breakfast in front of us. The staff were not very helpful, neither did they seem well informed of various activities around the place. I doubt our family will be returning to visit in the future.

7  Thank Sammjamm