“River Road Guest House”

Ranked #28 of 225 Port Elizabeth B&B and Inns
Cape Town
“River Road Guest House”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

After a very dissapointing first night of stay in PE at a nearby hotel, our first task for the day was to ensure that we had good, clean accomodation for the rest of our stay. We were delighted with the central location of the guesthouse, friendliness and helpfulness of the owners, Madeleine and Fraser, the obvious cleanliness of the rooms, reasonable rates, as well as the hairdryer, bar fridge, tea and coffee, DSTV, ironing board and iron, that were nice additions- all of which helped make the rest of our stay in PE a very pleasant one. A continental breakfast is on offer although some people might prefer an English breakfast. I highly recommend River Road Guest House to anyone looking for a home away from home in PE and it will certainly be our accomodation of choice when we visit PE in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Port Elizabeth was the last stop of my little cycling adventure from Cape Town. The owners ensured that I was well taken care of upon my arrival. Seeing as I was flying back to Cape Town, I needed to get a box to pack my bicycle in. The owners phoned around to find out which bicycle shop did have a box available and promptly went to fetch it once one was found. When it came to packing my bicycle I was helped in that respect too. Even more so, they ensured I got to the airport on time. The owners bent over backwards (and then some) to help me. I can highly recommend anyone to stay at the River Road Guest House. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Midrand, South Africa
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Centrally located, clean and comfortable and good value for money. We stayed one night with our cousin from Italy. We enjoyed safe parking and DSTV. Although the owners were overseas during our stay, Yvonne their helpful 'stand-in' took good care of our needs.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family