Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
A Great Half day drive with added lightning and rain storm!

Yes this is an enormous private reserve with limits on numbers , say of lions and others but it is... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Andrew H
Duncan B.C.
Addo/Schotia full day

Had the best day visiting Addo where we saw many Elephants with their calf’s, beautiful sight. Our... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Nickgoodey

Recommended experiences in and around Port Elizabeth
from $119.36
from $126.64
from $144.81
from $18.14
More Info
All reviews addo elephant park night package afternoon evening private game reserve camp fire evening drive lions roar morning safari nice dinner overnight safari dinner stop great safari experience tea coffee animals including lions no electricity open fire bull elephant
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2020

I was originally looking in to staying at Schotia for a night or two during our time in the area since all the B&B’s in the area promote the park. I was quoted $500+ per person per night so decided to skip staying there – we were heading up to Kruger anyway. We ended up staying at a local B&B and taking the afternoon Tooth & Claw safari drive with dinner included. I’m so happy I didn’t waste money staying here – it’s a total rip off!

The reserve as few animals. The lions are kept separate from the other animals and they are fed (they can’t hunt) animals that die or have been hunted (yes they allow hunting!) on the reserve. So when you are out on your drive they know where to spot the well fed lions. They also have multiple cars surrounding the animal – this is a no no in respectable safari parks. They throw food out to the hippos so they are out of the water when you drive by. They can guarantee the big five because they are basically a zoo.

Overall a canned, unnatural experience. There are better spots worth your money that do more for conservation and offer a better experience. How disappointing that people come here thinking that this is what South Africa has to offer for safari. We went up to Kruger to a real reserve afterwards and it was an incredible experience. But if you can’t make it to Kruger, go to Kariega, Addo or Gondwana instead.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

I had one of the most incredible experiences. I did the Tooth & Claw Safari and our guide was ZANE. Wow..... The whole safari was amazing due to his easy going personality, his explanations and information were so great, and made us understand how incredible nature is. We had a delicious dinner with drinks and desert,where we had the opportunity to chat a bit more with Zane, and I had to say that it was really worth it.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

Family of five, overnight adventure. Charl the guide was amazing, so passionate and knowledgeable. Loved every single minute, didn’t want to leave. Saw the new baby lion cubs, the first people to see there were three cubs not two, the guide was so excited it was amazing to see. Animals in own environment can’t be beaten, also did addo elephant park which was excellent too, food and accommodation was excellent, where else in the world can you brush you teeth and your warthog park past the window! We all loved it so much. Too many wonderful photos to post

1  Thank 447debbiee
Reviewed December 22, 2019

Schotia definitely has a special place in my heart from now on. I was travelling on my own, and was a bit scared in the beginning to blend in a group with people who at least would know someone else. My guide Scott did an amazing job to help me blend in with the groups (thanks to the groupmembers as well). I did the 2-night in tent and I can recommend it to everyone! You here the lions roaring at night and have an amazing experience glamping (luxurious camping for sure!) in the middle of the park. The meals are amazing! You have a big chance of seeing a lot of animals, and in december a lot of young animals as well.

For the second day, I had a new group because I was the only one having the 2 night option. I was scared it would be a lot the same, but this was definitely not true, thanks to Scott again! The day tour (after ADDO) was a bit the same then the first day, but the nighttour was way different!

I enjoyed every minute in the park, and definitely will be back one day! The park has already a special place in my heart.

P.s the meals are also amazing!

Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

Scott our guide did an amazing job showing and educating our family about these amazing animals and area. We had many close up encounters. Words cannot even express how wonderful this was. Thank you! Conserve our planet! No poaching!!!!

1  Thank Happytravels770103