“Brilliant vibe and had a great time!”

Lungile Backpackers Lodge
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My friend and I stayed here just for a stopover night and were planning on a quiet night in. Little did we know we would have yet another night of drinking and partying. We went out to a bar with the hostel staff and other people in our dorm. Had such a great night and all the staff are lovely. Always made us feel very comfortable and were always up for a great time and a laugh. The actual hostel was also very good, whether you wanted a quiet night or a night out. Lovely hot fire, which was great as it was winter and can get quite chilly. This hostel actually had a decent bathroom as well, which was hard to find travelling from hostel to hostel! So all in all, loved it and would definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Stayed at Lungile for almost 2 months and it is a great place to stay; superfriendly staff, good accomodation, lots of activities and a nice vibe :). Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Only a one night stay and it won't happen again! The people behind the desk had no idea and were drunk, poor service!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2011

PE was a compulsary stop on the BazBus...I had read that there wasn't much to do in the town so I just spen one evening here.

I paid a deposit on line and settled the balance on arrival. Despite this - they deducted my credit card! It would have cost me more to telephone them to dispute it, given that by the time it came through on my card I was on a different Continent.

I stayed in a 12 bedded dorm (6 bunk beds) - however if you had the bottom bunk you couldn't even sit up!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank 627,432
cybermarce, Manager at Lungile Backpackers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to send a review of your stay. Your review is highly regarded. Apologies for the inconvenience caused regarding your payment. Could you please forward me your booking information ie your name and arrival date so I can make my best attempt in resolving the issue in the best possible way and send you feedback.

I hope you will choose to visit Port Elizabeth again and explore what the city and the area has to offer, Game Viewing at some of the most famous parks in South Africa like the Addo Elephant Park and the many other popular game parks in the area boasting the Big 5, cultural tours and a visit to the Apartheid Museum, scuba diving, surfing or surf lessons, sandboarding, whale and dolphin watching to mention just a few adventures on our doorstep.
If you would prefer to contact me directly my email address is admin@islandvibe.co.za

I look forward to your response.

Regards

Marcelle

Reviewed December 12, 2010

This place met our expectations. They have friendly staff, nice and clean double room with ensuite and basic breakfast included. Bar + Pool area. Don't expect extra comfort though. It's a classical backpackers place. The hostal is located quite close to the waterfront (nicest area in Port Elisabeth) so many nice places are reachable in walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ulfmertens
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I found Lungile Lodge to be an excellent place to stay for my total of 5 nights there, on 2 separate occasions. Some rooms are like a hotel with very decent double rooms with en-suite facilities and of course others are shared, but all are of a good standard.

Its set in Humewood which is a safe area (don't stay in the central area!). Just 5 mins away is the sea with a range of bars and restaurants (including Macdonalds!).

Bebe the manager was very helpful. I would definately recommend this backpackers to you.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank EdNick12345
Reviewed August 18, 2009

On arriving in Lungile, we were shown to our room, which had two people already in it. The somewhat grumpy staff then moved us to another room in which the creosote fumes from the woodwork nearly knocked us over, and the fridge made a colossal din all night. The lights didn't work and the shower wasn't great. All in all, not somewhere we'd recommend.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple