“Exceptional Food!”

Ranked #27 of 361 Restaurants in Port Elizabeth
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by Ray at Lemon Tree Lane Guest House and we were not disappointed. Old world charm, great ambience and excellent food. The menu is extensive catering for all tastes with some great Austrian specialites, notably the veal dishes. I have not tasted better veal anywhere else!
Nice to see Peter, the owner, on hand ensuring all patrons are happy!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Based upon the reviews on the 'Tripadvisor' website I decided to book dinner at this restaurant whilst we were in Port Elizabeth and I'm so glad I did.
The menu was pretty extensive, to such an extent that we'd finished our 1st drink before finally deciding what to order.
The food was excellent, the portions generous and the wine list was pretty awesome.
The staff were both friendly and attentive but without being overbearing.
To cap it all the owner gave us a lift back to our hotel as he'd overheard us asking about ordering a taxi and as he was passing that way he kindly offered us a lift.
Next time we're back in Port Elizabeth we'll definitely be booking dinner here again.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

On 1st October 2012, we were travelling from Australia and met with some South African friends, we asked for the location of a good yet reasonable prised restaurant, they advised us we should eat at the 'Old Austria Restaurant' in Port Elizabeth. Better advice has never been offered, not only was the food of the highest quality, the atmosphere was superb, one of those good old fashion restaurants where the acoustics had been given great consideration, where you could talk hold a conversation without being drowned out by other guests, where a piano player quietly played with background music, noticeable but not over powering., where the decor and location was romantic and seclusive. Then the only thing left to make it a great night was good service and the staff did not disappoint. I just wish there was something similar at home near where I live at Woy Woy NSW Australia, I would proudly take everyone there for a memorable night and a highlight of their holiday, as it was for my wife and I

Reviewed September 24, 2012

centrally situated in PE, close to Beach, airport and shopping.
They have a wonderful lunch time special which is very
economical and tasty
Excellent owner run restaurant that has high standards.

1  Thank shazMc1960
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Thanks to Old Austria my birthday was a very special occasion.
The food was divine. Everybody had something favourable to say about
the menu. Charne is a gem - very efficient, friendly, organised.
Thank you so much.