“For a treat”

Ranked #39 of 355 Restaurants in Port Elizabeth
Cuisines: African
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Imagine a bygone era of colonial charm, good conversation and fine dining - now let us take you there. Hacklewood Hill Country House is a luxurious 5 star hotel situated in Walmer, Port Elizabeth. Indulge in an exclusive getaway and experience individually decorated bedrooms, large Victorian bathrooms, private verandas overlooking the magnificent gardens and cosy fireplaces. If that isn't enough, let our cordon bleu Chef thrill your palate with exquisite meals in The Restaurant. Hacklewood Hill Country House is also home to an exclusive conference venue, The Garden Room.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Very well appointed, the meal certainly becomes an event. Have cocktails in the lounge and then wander through for a relaxed evening. Good for romance or for sharing a great meal with close friends.

There are newer reviews for The Hacklewood Restaurant

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is by far the best restaurant in Port Elizabeth! I have tried almost all the restaurants recommended and this far exceeds the others in quality of food, atmosphere and service. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys good food and a quality restaurant experience.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Had to stay tin PE for one night and i wished it could have been for longer - super food and good beds thats all you need

Reviewed November 12, 2012

What an amazing experience, and a destination which I will definitely re-visit! The food was out of this world. An elegant ambience which sets the mood for relaxation but in English country style!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My partner & I went to Hacklewood Hill last friday. We have heard so any great things about this heavenly place so decided to try it out :) Whoa we had a real taste of the good life!!!The staff was amazing our waitor Paul was a real gentleman he was so friendly & kept our glasses full the whole night we didn't even have to ask him. As for the FOOD my goodness I am not joking when I say the food was out of this world!! I do not think I have ever had good food like that in my life. The ambience of the house with the fine silver cutlery to the chandeliers with soft music in the backround was just perfect!Too excited to bring our friends there to experience it with us :) Thanks so much to the staff you guys were great!! XX