“Garden Setting”

Ranked #14 of 81 Plettenberg Bay B&B and Inns
Norwich,Uk
“Garden Setting”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Location, car needed to access the house and to access food shops
Nearest spar food shop had a rather limited range for our three days of self catering
No duvets to be found, we need them under us to aid sleep
But ... the garden is beautiful, so well kept, a lovely place to rest.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I do agree that it is preferable to have a car. All though the shops and restaurants are only 10 minutes walk and the wonderful Robberg beach just 7 minutes. I hope we see you again.

Kind regards.

Robin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Munich, Germany
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The manager Kathy was so lovely, thoughtful and helpful. Every recommendation for restaurants and "things to do" was exactly our taste. The property is beautiful, well kept and full of love. Thank you De and Kathy, we had a wonderful time. We hope we will be back some day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

pelhamreid, Manager at Cornerway House, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
It is always very pleasing when we have reviews commending us here at Cornerway House . I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to see you again in the future.
Ct
Reviewed December 18, 2013

A calm, comfortable and very well appointed B&B with good facilities for a disabled guest (wheelchair accessible, spacious bathroom). Conveniently located relative to all the major sites and activities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we able to have all the facilities necessary for some one in a wheel chair. I hope we see you again some time.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed December 10, 2013

From booking through to confirmations, arriving and departure, everything was handled efficiently and professionally. Friendly and accommodating staff , especially Kathy who manages the guest house. I would definately visit again and reccommend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

pelhamreid, Manager at Cornerway House, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
So glad you had an enjoyable time and the girls got to taste the nightlife.
Chicago, Illinois, Usa
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I are Americans and we enjoyed our three night stay at Cornerway House. The rooms have a selection of wonderful furniture and enjoyable art. The bathroom is beautiful with a four inch slab of wood for the counter where the bathroom sink sits. Also, beach towels are included with the regular towels. Also, there is a lot of closet space.

The owner opens up his living room and study to his guests and offers breakfast either outside or inside. The breakfast was tasty and the manager's restaurant recommendations were excellent. Their recommendations for daily activities were also excellent. The first day my wife and I enjoyed a long walk down the beach which took about three hours and the second day my wife and I hiked the Robberg Peninsula, which is a wonderful nature reserve with a seal colony and many wonderful sights of the ocean, the peninsula, birds, animals and vegetation. The vegetation found in this area is similar and often the same to that found in South California. They have eucalyptus trees, Bougainvillea flowering plants, agapanthus, ice plants, etc. The much of the look of the vegetation looks like the chaparral vegetation found in South California. The beaches look much like those found in Santa Barbara, California.

This place also has a small to mid-sized pool. The gardens at the Corner House are beautiful and well kept.

The Corner House is located in a wealthy neighborhood. Many people from Johannesburg have beach houses in Plettenberg Bay.

The Corner House appears to have a very good security system.

The owner is a former equestrian who enjoyed fox hunts. He grew up in England and moved to Plettenberg about ten years ago. He is friendly and takes the time to engage in a good conversation. Also, the manager does a good job. She even wrote me to be sure I put a review in tripadvisor.

After my wife and I left Cornerway House, the owner of Cornerway House received an important message about the declining health of my wife's aunt and he forwarded this message to our South African travel agent who then forwarded the note to my wife. While my wife was disappointed to learn of her aunt's declining health, she really appreciated that Cornerway House forwarded this message to her. As a result, my wife had a chance to relay a message to her aunt before her aunt died.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

pelhamreid, Owner at Cornerway House, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for this glowing review. I am so sorry you could not stay longer. It was great having you to stay.

Kindest regards.

Robin
flobie7
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a great stay at Cornerway House and I would definitely recommend. It wasn't my first choice for Plett (the places that I had wanted to stay - which were significantly more expensive - were already fully booked); but I'm really glad that we ended up stayed there.

We spent 3 night there - but could have stayed longer. The breakfast is the best that I had in the whole of my trip (staying in many other very good 5* B&B's), and the manager (Kathy) and host (Robin) were exceptional. They could not have done more to make us feel welcome - they booked reservations at restaurants, for the whale watching, and cat sanctuary (where we walked the cheetahs - amazing) and gave us a lot of personal recommendations for the area which were appreciated.

The communal areas are spotless and beautifully maintained - very homely - whilst the grounds outside are beautiful also. The only reason that I gave it 4 for the room was that it was slightly dated for my tastes. We like modern, minimalist, sleek B&Bs (for example Trevoyan in Cape Town and Plumwood Inn in Franschoek), and this is the very opposite, so whilst lovely - it was not to my personal preference.

We had an excellent stay overall however, and it would 100% be my first choice for a return visit to Plett which should indicate how trivial a point this is in the overall scheme of things and what a lovely place this is.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cottage room which was lovely as separate to the main building with it's own pr...