“Great place”
Review of Stone Cottage

Stone Cottage
Ranked #37 of 81 Plettenberg Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Based in a set of old stone cottages which have been wonderfully renovated to give you modern convenience in an antique setting. Our rooms were generously sized with kitchen area. They led out onto a deck with dining area and beach view. Modern Plett is kept at bay by a wall of plants, but restaurants and shops are within easy walking distance. Annie is lovely and contributes to the cosy atmosphere. Warning for children: there is no TV here!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank julyan s
There are newer reviews for Stone Cottage

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I go to Plettenberg Bay 2 or 3 times a year and always stay here. Annie (the owner) is great, the location is superb and the rates are extremely reasonable. It's got a home away from home feeling, it's unpretentious, and if you want to arrange a dinner with friends, as i did last time, Annie is very accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed (and I have done my fair share of travelling). The owner is really nice with and the accommodation is quirky, unique and romantic. The views are outstanding and sunsets amazing. So nice, I even proposed to my girlfriend!

Room Tip: If the bigger room upstairs is available, it is definitely worth the money!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2012

At first, I must say that Annie and thomas(owners) was very kind!
Second point is view of the house to ocean.
Third is their price that was very good.
I suggest this house to everyone that traveled to plettenberg bay.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed November 1, 2011

overall we really loved the stone cottage on our trip. in fact it was our favourite of the garden route! (the view, the fireplace, the whirlpool). what a gem, we thought.
when we woke up one morning though we found out that someone broke into our room whilst we were sleeping in the bedroom next door with our baby! we didn't hear a thing and it was a very damaging experience psychologically. overall our camera, our wallet, clothes, two iphones and an ipad got stolen! we got promised from stone cottage that their insurance will cover for it, but after a couple of emails i just never got a reply from them ever again!
the story in the comments above that people never got their deposit back and stone cottage just ignored their phone calls sadly fits along these lines!!

the incident cost us a huge amount of money a lot of wasted time trying to cover it with insurance somehow (which never happened, even though there was a police report there was not a sign that someone broke in - only an open terrace window and a foot print on a window sill. inside job?) not to mention an emotional dent in an otherwise perfect garden route trip.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 25jugru
AnnieLeRoux, Owner at Stone Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2012

Dear Valued Guests,
I was shocked and saddened to hear about your experience. The previous manager who was my tenant for 2 years has many costly mistakes which i intend to learn from. I am happy to be back in my own home after a 2 year traveling sabbatical and am managing it myself once again. I realize i have hard work ahead of me to regain the trust of my guests. At the moment we are very busy cleaning & renovating and are re-opening as a backpackers & lodge. I warmly invite fellow travelers to come and experience the magic of our 100 year old family home with us once again.
Warm Welcomes & Kind Regards
annie le roux
(owner of Stone Cottage since i inherited it from my grandparents)

Reviewed May 7, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night in April 2011 with our 2 daughters aged 8 and 10 in Boettie Pierre which is the 1st floor rooms in the cottage overlooking the bay. I have to say that the website does not do this place justice. The views we had form the rooms were amazing- right out over the bay and we watched dolphins in the bay. I can only imagine what its like during whale season! Take binoculars to get the most out of it. The rooms were spotless and really beautifully presented. Breakfast also great. Location 3 min walk form the beach were we also enjoyed a lovely meal at Moby Dick's.
100% recommended!

Room Tip: Boettie Pierre is gorgeous!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Rusty_Chain
Reviewed April 24, 2011

By pure luck we stumbled upon Stone Cottage and immediately we were hooked by it's location (the view is truly superb) and the friendlyness of the staff. Rooms are perfect and clean. Has all the necesities in place and really is just a stone throw away from Plett Center where you can get your shopping or take out (or just go to a restaurant).

Perfect starting point for scuba diving and or other ocean adventures.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family