Grand Africa Rooms
The Old Rectory(Plettenberg Bay)
$305
Tsala Treetop Lodge(Harkerville)
$547
$532
The Plettenberg Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
$240
$198
Agoda.com
Lodge On The Bay(Plettenberg Bay)
$281
$240
Hunter's Country House(Harkerville)(Great Value!)
$121
$112
Agoda.com
The Robberg Beach Lodge(Plettenberg Bay)(Great Value!)
$101
$66
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Kurland Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
$344
$311
Orbitz.com
Plett River Lodge(Plettenberg Bay)(Great Value!)
$75
$63
  • Restaurant
Bayview Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
  • Restaurant
Sky Villa Boutique Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgrand cafedouble showerbath househigh bedquirky hotelstand alone bathprivate courtyardgarden routeour honeymoonmain streethuge roompower cutbed linencape townsmall poolview from the balconythree night stay
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a free night and rocked up and asked for a room. The last room available was offered and the quoted rand price made my girlfriend choke. She did not divide by 10. The room was off the pool and was wonderful with such style and an outside shower. We ate dinner there as well as breakfast. My type of place

Room Tip: Try to get views
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a fantastic couple of nights in this wonderfully quirky establishment. We stayed in the wonderful room 7 which was like having our own gite as it was enormous with built in open plan bathroom and shower.

Unusually we dined in the in house restaurant both nights and had excellent food from a small but varied menu. The high point being the lowest price I paid anywhere in South Africa for a bottle of Springfield vineyards excellent Life from Stone Sauvignon Blanc from Robertson.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We loved this place. I agree with other reviewers, the outside looks a bit odd, but once through the doors, this really has got a wow factor. Lovely dining room, great views from the terrace where you can have meals. Lovely room, big freestanding bath, double shower very comfortable bed.
The no under 16's policy is good as well. Children careering around this very adult hotel would not be appropriate.
Food was good, staff were very good and friendly.
Hayley and Suzanne were really helpful. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We had room 6, but I am sure all rooms would be equally stylish.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Like people before us we were not impressed with the outside of the property but the old saying is correct "Dont judge a book by its cover".
We couldn't believe the size of the room. A double shower and a large bath set next to the window was a beautiful touch. It was so romantic even thoug I have been married for 33years I felt I had the honeymoon suite.
We dined at the grand cafe and rooms and was disappointed. It was well priced and the house wine was fantastic.
We decided to have a day at the beach and we were proved with beach towels which was a great touch.

I would really recommend this hotel a piece of heaven.

Room Tip: we had room 6 which had no balcony owever our bath was at he window with the shutters open it was brilliant.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here at the end of Feb.From the outside this hotel does not have the 'wow' factor but look inside and it is a different matter. Our room was huge with a double shower and free standing bath in front of a shuttered door.I would describe the decor as 'shabby chic'. Our daughters declined the room downstairs with an outside shower but were very happy with the room next to us.A special thank you to Hayley who was charming and helpful in the face of my husbands first reaction to the hotel(he likes modern hotels) but he was won around after a good nights sleep.Breakfast and service were very good. A great hotel for couples but not really suitable for familys.Quite a few stairs to negotiate and if you can't climb up onto the highest bed I have seen then it's not for you. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
GrandDamePlett, General Manager at Grand Africa Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for your favourable review, it is always very helpful to receive feedback as this helps keep us on our toes. Delighted that Hayley had a positive impact on your stay and that it was enjoy by all. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our Grand Plett.