“Spa day...what a treat”

Plettenberg Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Plettenberg Bay
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband spoilt me with a spa morning at the hotels spa and wow what a treat!!!! The hotel is breathtakingly beautiful and set high up On a cliff face. The views are unbelievable and the friendly staff and ambience inviting. We had an amazing chocolate and vanilla body scrub and hydrating wrap followed by an invigorating full body massage. Michelle is so lovely and even allowed us to lounge on the private beach-due to the resort not being full.

We left feeling as though we had been to an exotic destination-rejuvenated, uplifted and determined to visit again SOON!

Room Tip: We viewed the VIP room and its exquisite....the shower is something to behold!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I would like to thank the entire staff and entire team at the Plettenberg Park Hotel for the outstanding service and hospitality provided to us.

We were there from the 1st September 2012 to the 3rd September 2012, celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary. The place is spectacular with outstanding views from everywhere. The room we stayed in (210) was fabulous and the personal touches were great. The dinner prepared for us by Karla on the night of the 1 September was so delicious, my wife and I are still talking about it. The Spa experience was also phenomenal. The staff team at the Spa were very friendly and professional.

Thanks to all at the Hotel that made our anniversary so memorable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hasitha J
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My partner & I stayed at Plettenberg Park Hotel & Spa in September 2012. What a fantastic experience! On arrival we were greeted with a glass of port to warm the winter chill and led to the most spectacular view we have ever seen. The staff was informative and very friendly. Our room was amazing, we had booked a small room but because we were the only guests we had been upgraded! What a nice surprise. The shower overlooked the ocean and the fire place created such a homely atmosphere.
We had dinner at the hotel both nights of our stay and the chef tailor made the menu to what we were in the mood for. My partner had ostrich fillet which was perfectly cooked to her liking. I had the most succulent, generous portion of king prawns, perfect!
We were very reluctant to have to pack up and leave after only 2 days, we could have relaxed here for weeks.
Great service, great staff that go the extra mile, our new home away from home. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CB1982CapeTown
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We are a South African family of four that stayed there for two nights in September 2012. As all the other ratings the setting of the hotel is perfect. We were extremely disappointed with our stay for the following reasons:
1. At 9pm after supper my wife wanted to bath, the water was muddy and there was no hot water in our room. After complaining and suggesting to call the maintenance manager it was said he was unavailable and there was nothing they could do and suggested to move us to another room, we said it was too late in the evening to pack and move.
2. Rooms were not maintained, our shower head was blocked, the shower door was not closing, the bathroom door was jammed, no two pin plug for the hairdryer, the sliding doors where leaking air.
3. Staff where not experienced enough and our service was slow. We asked for some water at breakfast it was brought to us in a measuring jug from the kitchen.
4. Supper was OK but my fillet steak was cold inside. Extremely expensive and we where charged full rates for our small kids. We where not even offered a coffee after our meal.
5 Breakfast was a disaster, fruit juices where carton type full of preservatives, croissants where either burnt of still frozen inside, there was black dirt from the grills or pans in our food, muffins where the only pastries available at breakfast and they where overcooked. The eggs where overcooked. I had to walk into the kitchen to get some service as I wanted some honey. The cold buffet was very limited and not of a five star hotel. There was no Hot chocolate available at the hotel for our kids.
6. The pool was ice cold and not heated, the Jacuzi was out of order, the spa was closed on Sunday and all the woodwork was rundown and needed replacing.
7. The day we checked out I sat with the young manager DD and listed all my complaints to her, she said they where all legitimate and asked what she could do to make thing right. I suggested that she give me a discount off our stay and said she would speak to the admin manager Caroline. On settling our bill I suggested a discount and the response was quite arrogantly no. Caroline said she would speak to her manager and get back to me, obviously she has the same attitude of the staff as I am still waiting.
My advice as a South African to other potential guests is that this is not at all a exclusive five star hotel as advertised, service is bad, hotel is not maintained and it is very expensive for what it is.
My advice to the Hotel is when people complain take them seriously, when your money is good the hotel should also be good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank gvrooyen
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We loved our stay at the Plettenberg Park Hotel & Spa. We stayed in room 210, which is one of the two that have a shower that overlooks the ocean. Room was really nice, food was amazing and the views from the surrounding grounds incredible. I was really surprised to read some of the negative comments about the service afterwards because we thought they did an amazing job.

Room Tip: Ask for room 209 or 210. It's a higher rate but worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TiaMeg
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Unique location, spectacular service, large rooms, a scenic bathroom and to top it all, Michelles excellent service. Really enjoyed this magnigicent boutique hotel, located on the top of a ravine with, imagine, a private beach. Simply perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for room 209
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cdn07
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel last week. Hotel was extremely difficult to find as road works have led to hotel's sign being removed so it took me a while to figure out where the entrance was... When we finally made it we were greeted upon arrival and were offered fruit cocktails when leaving the car. The stay was great (realised we were the only guests after a shrot while). Room extremely comfortable and well equipped (trust that we were upgraded) despite one electrical plug being of an unknown type (neither SA nor anything else we saw before) with a breathtaking sea view. Restaurant's chef came to agree diner details - entree and main course were both great and freshly made but desserts were a little disappointing as these were obviously deep frozen dishes that would have benefitted from some additional time before being presented:
Tailored breakfast next morning that tasted very good. A nice swimming pool ending up facing the ocean. We did not try spa and jacuzzi although we could have done so.

If you look for top quality in a great environment in Plete then this is the place to go!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple