Plettenberg Park Hotel & Spa
The Old Rectory(Plettenberg Bay)
$313
$304
Tsala Treetop Lodge(Harkerville)
$545
$529
Lodge On The Bay(Plettenberg Bay)
$280
The Plettenberg Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
$239
$231
Agoda.com
Hunter's Country House(Harkerville)(Great Value!)
$121
$112
Agoda.com
The Robberg Beach Lodge(Plettenberg Bay)(Great Value!)
$66
Bayview Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)
$54
$45
  • Restaurant
Plett River Lodge(Plettenberg Bay)(Great Value!)
$75
$63
  • Restaurant
Sky Villa Boutique Hotel(Plettenberg Bay)(Great Value!)
$104
$101
All reviewsprivate beachglass showercliff topwedding anniversariesexclusive hotelwaves crashing against the rockssea facingrelaxing getawayexceptional locationthe sun setcomplete privacyroom was beautifully decoratedanywhere in the worldhotel guestswine listpersonal serviceindian ocean
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel last week. Hotel was extremely difficult to find as road works have led to hotel's sign being removed so it took me a while to figure out where the entrance was... When we finally made it we were greeted upon arrival and were offered fruit cocktails when leaving the car. The stay was great (realised we were the only guests after a shrot while). Room extremely comfortable and well equipped (trust that we were upgraded) despite one electrical plug being of an unknown type (neither SA nor anything else we saw before) with a breathtaking sea view. Restaurant's chef came to agree diner details - entree and main course were both great and freshly made but desserts were a little disappointing as these were obviously deep frozen dishes that would have benefitted from some additional time before being presented:
Tailored breakfast next morning that tasted very good. A nice swimming pool ending up facing the ocean. We did not try spa and jacuzzi although we could have done so.

If you look for top quality in a great environment in Plete then this is the place to go!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I attended a 60th birthday brunch at this hotel and feel sooo! sorry for our birthday girl. I hope that when paying her bill,she made a huge fuss about the unbelievable bad service. The location is amazing and that is why one expect just the best from this so called 5star hotel. But let me come to the horrible point: The Garden Route was experiencing a heat wave - the day was very well overcasted but extremely hot and humid - the tables were set on the deck outside with no shelter from the sun which came on us fearcely in about 45min. after arrival. We had to ask the one male waiter to please pitch the umbrellas which turned out to be an enormous task as some of the umbrellas were not in a good condition.There were only two waitresses for 22 guests - and I have my doubts about their knowledge of waitressing. The menu looked very impressive - but definately to complicated for the waitressing skills, because only a few orders arrived correct. The entre was a buffet table with fruit,yogurt,cold meats,bread and cheese - I think all this was put out at 8:00 for a function that started at 10:00am. The bread was hard,the butter running,cold meat all curled up, etc,etc. etc. We adviced the waiter(don't know if he was the head waiter - but the only male in sight)to move the table in the shade. It was a battle to get the tea that we ordered (good old SA rooibos). I suppose that the Restaurant was nor geared for 22 guests - some of the cups had a round base put in square centre sourcers - try and balance that - icecream spoons with your teacup and ... really no joke... teapots without lids. Some of the orders arrived an hour later than the first orders been brought out with hollandaise source already forming a crust. 5Star hotel?? I think a 2star would have done better. The on-site manageress never showed a face.

Room Tip: Did not sleep over.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank L'Avenir
Reviewed January 16, 2012

If you are looking for a quite luxury and remote hotel near Plettenburg, this place is a good choice.
The views are splendid and the atmsophere is very quite and you can really just mind your own business.
The food is good, services a bit fumbling and slow, but with some guidance they get the job done.
If you dare you can bath in the ocean lagoon below the hotel which gives a magnaficient thrill!! SUper. The pool is more for cooling off, not really to do any serious swimming in...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stayed here in 2005 (the list below doesn't allow me to choose a date that far back, but it was in June) as part of a longer trip through the Garden Route. The location is amazing. Perched on a cliff, overlooking the ocean - our view was priceless. I only saw our room, so I dont know what the rest looked like, but our room was huge, classic with a huge patio and amazing shower (with a view to boot!). The bed was amazing and the room even had a fireplace.

My favourite part was when the chef came to our room in the morning (we stayed 2 nights) and asked us what we wanted for dinner. No menu. Whatever we wanted, he would make. I was speechless and could only manage to ask for a stuff chicken. I wish I had been more adventurous. But our dinners were phenomenal.

My partner smoked at the time and although the hotel was non-smoking, they brought him an ashtray! This hotel seriously is amazing. Whatever you want - they provide.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WanderingBrunette
Reviewed August 17, 2011

On this trip we decided to try something new, my sister and I love spas so we went on the net to look for good spa and hotel that was by sea that the prices were reasonable and in western Cape and we found the Pletterberg Park Hotel and Spa. At first we not sure if we shold go or not reason being that we never even heared of a town called Plettenberg until we saw the hotel on the net and boy it was worth it, our room had a beautiful sea view and you could hear the waves heating against the rock below it beautiful.It also has a really good resturant that i will advice anyone who was in Plettenberg to give it a try it worth it. So if ever in Plettenberg, the Plettenberg Park Hotel and Spa is the place to be.

Room Tip: Sea Facing Room
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family