“Fantastic food & wine!”
Review of The Fat Fish

The Fat Fish
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A funky, hip but stylish fish restaurant and tapas bar, Fat Fish takes tapas to a new gastronomic high. On Central Beach Plettenberg Bay, with great views of our beautiful bay
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were lucky to get a table for two during peak season in December. Owner Simon was kind enough to phone us as soon as a table got available. Ordered the fish and chips with veg and it was incredibly delicious! Tasteful and good attention to detail! Service was immaculate and very attentive. Add to that a stunning earthy vibe and décor and you have a great place for dining and relaxing. Would highly recommend this restaurant - both inside and outside for great views and tapas during the day and late afternoons. Walking distance from main beach. Book in advance during peak seasons! Must visit in Plett!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,796)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

will be back, it was an amazing experience , both calamari and fish/chips were outstanding and the service was remarkable . decor also very nice , well done !!!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We firstly called The Fat Fish to make a reservation and we were advised to come asap as the kitchen was about to close and luckily we were in Plett already. When we arrived we were greeted by our host (waitress), Angie. I would like to comment on Angie before I go to the food. What a great host Angie was, not only was she lovely but she was very knowledgeable about the menu, the food and the wines that go with the food. She recommended that I try out the HOMEMADE SPAGHETTINI WITH A SEAFOOD PUTANESCA SAUCE, (which I was hesitant about due to a bad putanesca food experience elsewhere), and I want to thank Angie for recommending it. It is by far the best seafood dish I have ever had. Everything on the dish was fresh, tasty and delicious. And it is no lie, the spaghettini is homemade. I had the dish with a locally produced white wine that Angie recommended.
I can't remember what dish my boyfriend had, but it didn't last on his plate and he was very happy with the meal.
Honestly, Angie made the experience worth it and I wish every restaurant had an Angie amongst their stuff. Big up to Angie and the deliciously awesome food.

1  Thank nikiwe m
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

A very pleasant evening of jazzy music, lively patrons and good food. The hake & calamari dish was an excellent choice. While the sushi was good but not excellent. The white wine was a good choice and complimented the meal well. We were well looked after by our waitress. - A goodie.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were advised to go at 17:30 when we were there during high season, so we could sit on the balcony as the inside was booked up for weeks in advance. The view was beautiful, there was a live band playing jazzy tunes and the atmosphere was lovely. I had the best fish and chips ever. We did find some of the portion sizes to be on the slender side but they were still very tasty and beautifully presented. The interior of the restaurant is well designed and very tastefully decorated. Unfortunately
the service really let us down and we spent alot of time trying to get the attention of
our waitress.