“Perfectly ok restaurant”
Review of The Fat Fish

The Fat Fish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A funky, hip but stylish fish restaurant and tapas bar, Fat Fish takes tapas to a new gastronomic high. On Central Beach Plettenberg Bay, with great views of our beautiful bay
“Perfectly ok restaurant”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Looking at tripadvisor one might think this is a really good restaurant- there is nothing wrong with it- but its not fantastic- really nice decor and really nice staff! The food is nice to but nothing to rave about.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
East London, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dont spend the money”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

On Thursday evening 05/09/2013 my wife and I decided to go for something different and went to the Fat Fish in Plett, as we have never been there before we were not sure what we were going to eat. At the entrance we were met by the owner or Manager, not sure as there was no introduction. I mentioned that we didn't have a reservation and wanted to have a glass of wine and listen to the live music. Well the half hearted greeting at the door went from poor to just plain bad. We did not stay long and left our glasses half full as we could feel the unfriendly atmosphere all because we intended not to buy food. So people let me advise you that unless you going to eat and spend your money at the Fat Fish, be careful as you will not really be welcome. This has put a damper on our week long vacation in Plett and I will clearly no hurry back to The Fat Fish in Plett.

1 Thank Marthinus C
Simon A, Owner at The Fat Fish, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Marthinus C
It is with amazement and disappointment that I read your review. I own the restaurant and recall you and your partner very clearly. I greeted and seated you and even took your drinks order. I can only apologize if my manner offended you and in no way was it intentional. We have Jazz every Thursday evening in the hopes that we attract clients such as yourself who pop in and have a drink and enjoy the music.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Haven't heard of this restaurant before we came to Plett but this must have been one of the best meals we ever had. We were recommended to have Mussel in a Leek sauce and were not disappointed. My partner enjoyed the Parmesan encrusted Kingklip with a garlic chilli butter, and for someone that doesn't enjoy seafood, he couldn't stop talking how nice it was! Portions were generous and price reasonable. Service was attentive yet relaxed- all in all a great dining experience. Will go again

Pfungen
“The line fish”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very nice service and good quality food. The line fish of the day was a cod it was perfectly grilled, the veggies were a little undercooked and bland. Nice wines served by the glass on really good prices.

Visited September 2013
Temecula, California
“The best fish n chips ever!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to the Fat Fish as a recommendation from Simon at Emily Moon and we were very happy we did. The staff was great, the view was great and the food was awesome. Simply the best fish and chips I've ever had. We sat in there for 4 hours after eating having cocktails and never felt rushed. I would strongly recommend the Fat Fish for anyone in the area.

• Visited August 2013