“Colorful delicious and fresh”
Review of Peppermilll Cafe

Peppermilll Cafe
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Colorful delicious and fresh”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Nice outdoor seating, chill vibe. Had breakfast and lunch here during our stopover in Plettenburg. All of the dishes are fresh and flavorful. Claude, our server was so nice and helpful with making recommendations. The veggie burger is a very unique and yummy choice. Be sure to check out the Porcupine Factory next door to see hand crafted goods.

Johannesburg
“Not my first visit, and not my last”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was my second visit, and I will be back for more!. The service is good, the food absolutely wonderful and the atmosphere excellent.
The burgers has to be some of the best I have ever had.
The place is kids friendly, and if you have little ones, the are going to love feeding the goats.
A must for all people with and without kids.

• Visited December 2013
United States
“Returned 3 times: a complete "family friendly package".”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We always make a point of visiting the Mohair Mill "Mall". After all, what is a trip to The Crags without a piece of Porcupine Ceramic and a trip to Birds of Eden.We had vsitors fro the USA and between visits to Birds and Monkeyland we had lunch at Peppermill TWICE. The kids menu is very well designed and we shared the Pork Belly Sandwich and the Bacon, Brie and Chili Sauce. They were so good that we returned so others in the group could try them. Then after a trip to Jukari (the third in the trio of attractions), we returned the 5 K to eat there once again prior to our return to Montagu.

2 of us had the burgers (very nicely done) and the rest again split sandwiches. The Menu is creative, food well prepared, staff very quick and helpful and friendly.
We asked for a suggestion to have our dinner as the timing was such that we were going to be eating after they closed or we would have tried some new dishes at that meal as well. We were staying in Nature's Valley and this was so close. Again, they offered to cook even though they were closing and then told us where to go when we could not remain there to eat.

Chocolate cake is good and very moist but perhaps my chocolate cake "bar" is too high. I was not blown away (it is a variation on a tunnel bundt cake) but others were more than ready to order it again. I am more of a 2 layer with thick frosting kind of girl.

I try to offer a realistic review and for us the Shops, Birds & Monkeyland, children s petting and play areas and the great food make this one of the most "complete family packages" along the coastal route.

• Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing food”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have eaten here several times during my stay in South Africa and the food each time has been amazing. The staff are very friendly, polite and always happy to help. I would defiantly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a nice breakfast or lunch however they don't serve dinner which is unfortunate. Definitely try this place out if your in the crags/plettenburg. :-) however during high season I would recommend booking or calling ahead as sometimes you can wait a while for food

• Visited January 2014
Cape Town, South Africa
“Now that's what I call a burger”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

What an unexpectedly good surprise. On our way to the Elephant Sanctuary we thought we would stop off for a drink and a light meal. The Mexican salad and the Mexican burger were excellent. The portions were enormous and the service was great. Definitely worth a visit.