“Definitely worth a visit”
Review of Radical Raptors

Radical Raptors
More attraction details
Owner description: RADICAL RAPTORS is a rehabilitation centre that aims at community awareness, and the rescue, rehabilitation and release of birds of prey. Flying displays: a variety of trained non-releasable birds of prey are free flown around and to you as an opportunity for you to spectate, participate and photograph these magnificent birds in natural surroundings.Show Times: 11am, 1pm, 3pm Closed Mondays except public and school holidays
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Really loved it here: small but very well set up and hugely informative. Impressive flying display along with lots of background on the birds, how they arrived at the centre and what communities can do to support the wild bird population rather than endanger it. Definitely worth a visit

2  Thank Ismelda

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

What an awesome experience it was to be able to interact with these beautiful birds. A definite must in this region. Keep up the good work!!

1  Thank Ang M
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I am not keen on birds flying near me. I saw Hitchcock's 'The Birds' many years ago and have never recovered. So you can guess that I was a pretty reluctant visitor to 'Radical Raptors', but as usual, I was outvoted. And thank goodness for that!

What a lot we all learned about these beautiful birds. Beautiful that is, except for the dreadful vulture at the end. What a racket. We took time when we arrived to go around and look at all the birds and we also met the three resident dogs - with Coco deciding to be our special friend. The dogs have been brought up with the birds from birth, so totally respect them.

The show was wonderful and as we were a small group, there was lots of opporunity to interact with the birds and ask questions galore. It was amazing to have owls swopping past your ear without a sound. The whole show was just inspiring.

I left feeling very humbled and glad that I had overcome my Hitchcock prejudices.

2  Thank Maija63
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I had the best experience of our entire trip with these magnificent birds of prey. Such beautiful beings.......and such a worthy group of enthusiasts making such a difference in the birds lives. We actually only found the place because Birds of Eden was closed for maintenance. This draw back ended being such a blessing in disguise. We almost missed out on the experience due to the inclement weather, but, the owners and our very special guide were gracious enough to wait with us a few minutes and eventually put up a private show just for the two of us. Having those magnificent birds so up close was surreal. A must do if ever going through Plett. Highly, highly recommended. Keep up the good work!

3  Thank Kevin Thomas A
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I went to the Radical Raptors few months ago, and it was really an amazing moment! Me and my family really enjoyed and pleased to see the wonderful birds, there were owls and also other birds also the predator bird. At first we were seated inside the area which was located in front of the grasses, and then we were given the gloves. Then the guide came and introduce himself, and then after a little chat, He introduce each of the birds to us, one by one. It was really great to see each bird being introduced, and he also explained the origin of the bird itself. The birds were really lucky, because for some of them, they were survived by the people around the area there and then given maximum care and protection so that they were really taken care of. After that, each one of us got the chance to have the bird came and stand on our hand, with some unique technique, each of them stand on our hands, because the guide put some amount of foods on our hands also. Instantly, we got to see the birds in the closest view as possible whenever they came and stand to our hands. We got to see how they fly, how they eat, and how they live inside their homes there. The final bird that was shown was the big predator bird. We got to see how the bird speak, it was very loud and the movement was really harsh and fast, but it was great to see it because the bird itself was really amazing, we haven't seen any type of bird like that. The service was really amazing, and the guy that explained to us were really polite in great manners. We were greet with warm welcome. It was also a great place to hangout with my family, and it is very memorable overall.

3  Thank Dmitriys_8258